What kind of locker is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for the newbie question - but I'm searching for an 80 (or 4runner...can't decide yet) but a seller sent me this pic of his locker switch. Can someone please help me with what it is exactly? A rear? Front? Center? Looks variable or something...hmm...sorry, this is probably silly :eek:

TIA,
Kevin
locker switch1.jpg

All factory 80 series came with a locking center differential. In addition about 10% or less came with locking front and rears, as is apparent with the rig pictured. It's basically the difference between being able to go almost anywhere (the former), and anywhere (the latter). Generally the premium for the latter is not significant if any, so if you find one in good condition, you should get it unless you have no intention of ever doing any offroading. Arguably one of the most capable out of the box factory vehicles you can buy.

:beer:
Rookie2

hmm, that's either a 93 or 94, given the F and R lockers and the non-airbagged steering wheel.
You better not buy that.... and forward me the number to call. I'll dispose of the cruiser for you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom