What kind of hose fitting is on Cook Partner Stove? Hose to stove. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can't find this anywhere, it's the brass fitting on the end of the stove side of the hose. It looks like 3/8" female with a pin in the center that looks like a tire valve. The fitting on the stove is male with a tiny hole offset to the side so that the valve is depressed when inserted. This opens the valve.

I need a longer hose but none I've seen have this type of connector. NO ONE does!

I've been looking on the G machine for nearly two weeks now with no luck. This thing does not exist anywhere except on PS stoves and they ain't talking. At least not publicly.

I wrote to them today so we'll see...

I can't believe that you can't buy these things online and no one knows what it is.

I got a response today. They offered to make me a 9 foot hose with regulator and possibly take back the stock hose to put towards the new one. Or just add new hose to the existing hardware for cheap.

But I still don't know what those freaking connectors are! :bang:

"Partner Steel Stoves are simply the best out there! The 4-Burner Stove folds like a suitcase and has swing carry handles. Propane hose with regulator fits inside the stove and has a safety valve that shuts off the gas if the tank is left on. Burners deliver 10,000 BTUs each and lift out for easy cleaning. Tough grids are 5/16" diameter stainless steel and exterior of the stove is a sturdy 5052 aluminum. Specifications: 7"x 12"x 18. Weight: 14 lbs. Opens to 24"x 18""
That tire (schrader) valve looking thingy is probably the safety valve. When you disconnect the stove it closes so even if you didn't turn off the propane at a the tank it won't leak.

RV's use a similar system for outside stoves and BBQ connections

Amazon.com : Stanbroil Propane or Natural Gas 1/4" Quick Connect Kit - Shutoff Valve & Full Flow Plug : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Quick connects will not work properly with high pressure burners apart of Cook Partner stoves. This advice came to me from Bill at Partner Steel when I inquired a few years ago. Apparently the quick connect propane fittings won't flow enough pressure to satisfy their burners.

I have not seen the Schrader valve set-up they utilize on all their hose-to-stove connections used anywhere else.

But Partner Steel always been good about making up whatever length I've needed/wanted. Just keep the o-ring at the Schrader valve side and they give you problem free service for years.

Quick connects will not work properly with high pressure burners apart of Cook Partner stoves. This advice came to me from Bill at Partner Steel when I inquired a few years ago. Apparently the quick connect propane fittings won't flow enough pressure to satisfy their burners.

I have not seen the Schrader valve set-up they utilize on all their hose-to-stove connections used anywhere else.

But Partner Steel always been good about making up whatever length I've needed/wanted. Just keep the o-ring at the Schrader valve side and they give you problem free service for years.
I have noticed that the flame on the pop up stove is a bit anemic, low food would explain that.

That's weird considering that the opening into the stove is little more than a pin hole.

Hey, I know this is old but thanks for posting. I had a bear chew through my Partner stove hose and picked up a generic propane hose only to find that the valve didn't work right at the stove end. I was Googling it, this turned up & I happened to be a member and you got me pointed in the right direction... i.e. cut to the chase and contact Cook Partner.... and yeah... they're great, last camp stove you'll ever buy... but maybe not the last hose.

Do you folks know if Partner make their own burners or does one of the "big" companies make a burner for them to Partner specs?

I took a picture of a slotted indentation in the cargo area of 1999 Mercedes 320. Google image search showed me a roll of toilet paper.

It’s a heuristic program:

“But what is important to understand here is that Heuristic programming is characterized by programs that are self-learning; they get better with experience. Heuristic programs do not always reach the very best result but usually produce a good result.”

It’s possible the program realized that what you really needed was a roll of toilet paper. Or, it merely did the best it could. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom