1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What kind of doors are these?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by badercarma, Feb 29, 2004.

1. badercarma

badercarma

I got these doors for free, I think that they are fj40 doors but I’m not sure what year they are. Does anyone know how I could tell, and how much would a set of doors like this be worth?

[​IMG]

2. dylan

dylan

they are old style fj40 doors. i doubt there worth much (people want newer style doors)

3. SteveLCetc

SteveLCetc

The top frame comes out right?

4. zebrabeefj40

zebrabeefj40

dylan's got it partly right...they are older FJ40 doors. Mid-60's to '73 IIRC. Door top should unbolt. Lot of my pals like'em 'cause they're thinner than the later doors for a smidgen more room for either your knees or your 'cage. They also make nice half doors... If the bottom isn't rusted out they seem to go for $50-75 a door from what I've seen on the East Coast...

HTH,
    Nick Jennings

5. pygpen

pygpen

I like the skinny doors better. they have a wing window and are made of thick steel with quality latch parts.
    Just my honest opinion.

6. badercarma

badercarma

All right thanks allot, at first I thought that they were jeep doors. If I sold them on Ebay could I describe them as older fj40 doors?

7. 72cruiser

72cruiser

yeah man,

early fj40 doors. that's your ticket.

take some pics of the bottom edges, inside and out. that's what every email will be about.
    and zebra's right, awesome halfdoor material.

they look better than mine, ha ha, so you can probably get a good bit for em.
    (i just bought some more or i'd buy them right now)

good luck on the sale, but you might want to post in the for sale areas on here and pirate4x4.com first and see if somebody will pick em up quick and easy.

have a good one,
    malphrus

8. dinkleberry

dinkleberry

[quote author=pygpen link=board=1;threadid=12316;start=msg112915#msg112915 date=1078116066]
    I like the skinny doors better. they have a wing window and are made of thick steel with quality latch parts.
    Just my honest opinion.
    [/quote]

I agree. I like them better than the newer doors.

9. cavsfj40

cavsfj40

dude, if they have solid bottoms, i will buy them. hell, i will buy them as long as the bottoms aren't totally cashed. i'll give 90 for the pair.