What kind of D smog sorcery is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m neck deep in my Desmog project on my 1987FJ 60. I’m trying to follow the instructions. I printed out the desmog instructions. Here’s what I’ve run into. These abbreviations for valves. Attaching a picture. What I need to know is full name and their location. So far the guide has been a huge help, but I hit a brick wall trying to identify these.
Anyone familiar with this process living in the Midwest?

8B178B02-ECB8-4EBE-93F1-D82734AFEA07.jpeg

C8855844-FB45-4259-8F51-EA447179D419.jpeg

I think I used that same manual. Doesn't the first part of that go through what each one of those pieces is/are? I remember being over my head but slowly just used the first part of that desmog manual, the last part that shows the complete system, and then label EVERYTHING in with tape in the engine. Once I went through that process I felt reasonably confident that I knew what I was doing. It took forever, but it got the job done.

I’m in the middle of this job too. However, I familiarized myself with the entire smog system immediately when I bought the truck and have had many headaches learning what everything does. At this point I scanned over the desmog manual and then ripped everything out in 2 hours. I’m installing a Holley sniper though, so I’m going further than what the manual shows.

Here’s the demon rats nest of ancient government regulations laying dead and defeated on the ground where it all belongs....
7CE14056-7E7C-4391-B8FE-88850F3DD206.jpeg
06F6843E-6375-465E-97A8-4D18916D15C6.jpeg

All that stuff might be worth a good bit to someone fighting the smog police
Don’t I know it.... I’ve made all of it operational except one of the vsv’s. It’s all been off and on the vehicle half a dozen times fighting the smog police. I only have one cut knuckle this time around. The air rail came off like cake. So did the manifold.

The emissions manual describes everything and nobody should remove smog equipment from a 2F without having it as a reference.
Here you go
That is an awesome resource…. Thanks for the 411….. maybe you can help me with one more thing…. I bought an EGR system delete kit from TLC Performance. It came with air rail plugs, a couple plastic caps for the air filter housing and one block off plate for the port on the bottom of the intake. I am short a block off plate for the port on the exhaust manifold next to the firewall. I’m curious why this wasn’t included in the EGR delete kit. I have no problem buying one, but I have been unable to reach anyone at TLC performance for the last few days.

That is an awesome resource…. Thanks for the 411….. maybe you can help me with one more thing…. I bought an EGR system delete kit from TLC Performance. It came with air rail plugs, a couple plastic caps for the air filter housing and one block off plate for the port on the bottom of the intake. I am short a block off plate for the port on the exhaust manifold next to the firewall. I’m curious why this wasn’t included in the EGR delete kit. I have no problem buying one, but I have been unable to reach anyone at TLC performance for the last few days.
TLC is run by one guy. He is a very busy land cruiser guru. I believe he stocks those but you have to add it to your order. Maybe he doesn’t... I just ordered a kit from him and it didn’t come with the egr block off plate for the manifold that you’re talking about, but I’m installing headers so I don’t need one anyway.

EGR blockoff plate - https://tlcperformance.com/products/egr-blockoff-plate
This is what you’re looking for?

This plug goes here... allowing you to keep your pcv connected to the manifold.
84083E3C-43BA-465B-8CE5-466A41F1E6BB.jpeg

Just leave the dead unused EGR valve where it is. It blocks off the passageway fine . It's just kinda ugly

If you have some aluminum plate, a saw, and a drill, and maybe a tap/die you could make a nice clean block off plate. Here is the one that Man-A-Fre asks $90 for

1631655595423.png

I think I’ll just fab a plate. Uh oh….. looking at man-a-fre plate…. What am I supposedly screwing to the threaded hole??? 🙄
That’s your positive crank ventilation. When your oil absorbs gas and combustion fumes it off gassed through the pcv valve and recycles it back into the intake manifold to be burned off reducing emissions and preventing too much pressure from building in the crank case.
2FFA441F-B56B-4F5D-ACB1-11DC185DE58A.jpeg
487D61F7-58E2-4D6A-BB07-A975381F177A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom