What it's Like to Buy a Vehicle Through Canary Island Rover?

CIR

Website
www.canaryislandrover.com
Hi MUD,

This is an open thread intended for past, present, and prospective clients of Canary Island Rover to share their experiences - good and bad - of buying a vehicle on the other side of the world without ever grabbing the wheel before signing the check.

Our client relations and buying process have come a long way since the start in 2015.

Maybe someone who is considering the adventure of signing on will see this and learn from the collective experience?

I will (mostly) sit on the bench for this one as yall have fun chatting it up.

Saludos,
Adam

TLC HDJ80 TF0298BM IG-2.jpg

Adam was great to deal with during the entire process. It's been about 16 months since the importation of my 1993 HZJ73. I would not hesitate to work with him again, in fact an HZJ74 is definitely in the works when it's legal.

Regards,

Brian
20210114_095353.jpg

I'm in the process of buying a Land Cruiser through Canary Island Rover (Adam) right now. My main concerns when I was looking at importing a vehicle were finding an import broker and setting up the transportation. Adam has looked after all of that so it's been a pretty easy process for me so far. He test drove a few vehicles for me and gave me good feedback on which vehicles he thought were good and which ones he recommended avoiding. That was reassuring that he was trying to find a good one instead of trying to make a quick sale.

I considered importing from Japan for a while, but decided that I'd prefer a left hand drive model. I'm assuming that Japan has a larger selection of vehicles to choose from than the Canary Islands, but there were still good vehicles for Adam to go look at every 2-3 weeks in the Canary Islands.

More updates to come, the vehicle is sitting on a boat right now and is scheduled to leave tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
As others here have already said, working with Canary Island Rover was great. Adam is top notch, if anyone reading this is on the fence about importing. Adam makes the process painless and simple. You will not regret working with Canary Island Rover.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CIR

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom