what is your MPG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TLDR - Mpg hasn’t changed much

Enough of my blabbering, here’s my 2022 update:

*New OEM 1FZ-FE long block replacing the og engine at 278K miles

*New OEM EGR/VSV system

*New chunker currently 900 miles breaking in gently

*Now running 37s on 17” wheels totaling 95lbs per corner

*Still running 4.88s and same OME medium lift, stock body

Averaging 12.5-13mpg LA duties which is a mix of hwy and urban grid driving (i.e. in line with EPA range for a factory fresh ‘97). Will be making a trip to Cruiser Outfitters to fit BP-51s next month so I’ll keep an eye out on mpg cruising the great American hwy.
With your new motor did you replace the o2 sensors and have the injectors flow checked? How old are the cats?

Asking about MPG on a series 80 Land Cruiser is something you do not worry about. If you are curious or concerned, you have the wrong vehicle.
I agree that my 80 is the wrong vehicle for me as my daily driver, but it is the only vehicle that I have and car prices are still bonkers. I can live with paying $1400 annually for gas at $3/gal, but now that's over $5/gallon where I live (and climbing), It's going to cost me about $2500 in gas annually. The US only gets about 3% of their oil from Russia and the geopolitical situation in Ukraine has caused gas prices to rise over 50% here. Markets are easily spooked and if you're not worried about MPG (in any car), you're either are rich, ignorant, or drive very few miles yearly.

With your new motor did you replace the o2 sensors and have the injectors flow checked? How old are the cats?
Sensors are 30k miles old. As stated, all engine parts are new including the injectors.

Cats are og and will be refreshed with OEM new from manifolds to exhaust tip next month.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom