What is wrong with the LX470 Accelerator Pedal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,
Proud new owner of an '06 LX and I love the truck. One hiccup is an accelerator pedal that is not smooth. It feels kind of sticky/notchy and so sometimes I have to push it a little harder to move it, and then it suddenly will move further than I even want it to. So I got on eBay and bought a used pedal and it arrived today. It is even worse! Super sticky/notchy and it makes a creaking sound when it is pushed down. I have looked through the threads here and don't see much mention of it, but now I am 0/2 for pedals on the LX. Is this just really bad luck? Any thoughts or tips? I tried lubing the spring and it made zero difference.

Thanks man! My search skills failed me. I will see if any of these tricks work. I have an extra pedal now to experiment with.

Let us know what you find. I’m in the same boat.

Had the same problem. I fixed it 2 years ago and posted the experience in that Stiff/Sticky thread above...here's a link to the specific post.

If you've already got a spare pedal, you're in better shape. I ripped it all apart then was like....what have I done? I got it all back together and it's been fine ever since. Much cheaper than a new pedal module.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom