what is this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mailking

Coen Wubbels
Threads
Website
www.landcruisingadventure.com
Yesterday I installed new batteries and came across something weird...

Anybody a clue?

20080502-tw1ttiqinb66du65q7g1ny7crk.jpg

it was covered by a small grill...

Electrical something or the other. How about some more info like it's application, what country, type of building? And what, if any, is 40/55 Tech about it??

I bought this car used, and came with a whole load of things installed. Just came across it yesterday. And I don't have a clue. Otherwise I would not have asked it. Wouldn't I. Somebody in Germany made this adaptation I guess, that's where I bought it.

you guys are quick. hmmm.. No pictures anymore, because the batteries are in this bay now. The size is about the length of a dollar bill.

I agree that it is some kind of adjustable resistor

maybe some old trailer brake set up, see it before....kinda rings a bell

its not OEM i know that ;)

Are both of those lines coming in electrical? It's kind of hard to tell.

I bought this car used, and came with a whole load of things installed. Just came across it yesterday. And I don't have a clue. Otherwise I would not have asked it. Wouldn't I. Somebody in Germany made this adaptation I guess, that's where I bought it.

Lighten up Francis.

No one out here knew that this was a Land Cruiser you were working on.

No one out here knew that this was a Land Cruiser from Germany.

Posting a picture of something does not automatically guarantee that someone will have any idea about what is pictured. Further, you give ZERO back-story about the year/make/model of vehicle you are working on, which does NOTHING to help anyone provide useful information.

Just because you post something up in the 40 tech section does not automatically mean we should assume that you are working on a Land Cruiser. There have been MANY threads started in the 40 section that do not have anything to do with a Land Cruiser.

If you want the people out here to help you, provide as much information about the situation or issue as possible.

Where do the wires lead to?

:wrench:

first off: I am just curious and I appreciate all the nice feedback.

I took a picture, covered the grill again, and installed my new batteries. Now the bay is packed.

Our BJ45 year 1984 came loaded with extras. I took me 5 years to discover this weird looking thing in the extra [non standard] battery bay the previous owner build.

As far as I can see both yellow cables lead to a row of relays.

not far from this is a regulator box or something from a Webasto diesel heater, a extra fuel pump for the same heater, a 24-12 dc/dc converter [or do you say inverter?], a bunch of fuses and a row of relays.

in my opinion it almost looks like a transformer. or maybe some sort of cold start since its a diesel?

Flux capacitor?!!

I agree that it is some kind of adjustable resistor
Howdy! Yup, I have a similar setup on some machines at work. For me, I can slide the metal band up or down to control how fast a large magnetic clutch takes a roll of paper from zero up to about 200 rpm. You'll probably have to trace some of those wires to see what they connect to. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom