What is this?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All:
Greetings from Idaho. While removing my speedometer I found this hanging from under the dash. Can someone tell me what it's used for and where can I find a replacement?

Thanks, Craig
20200809_105633.jpg

Because it just says 10amp might be some kind of breaker. Possible a broken reset button on the top. This is part of the problem with vehicles restored in SA. Not sure what what was all used. Since your is from SA and has a Aftermarket A/C installed is this part of that setup. If your 40 didn't have a heater you will be having to add the wiring for that.
Since your pulling the A/C and just adding the heater blower might be able to use part of that wiring for the heater. Would think long and hard before deciding to replace the wiring with something generic.

Its made in Italy and out of plastic

it goes in the Rubbish Bin ........ :)

Last edited:
- Its made in Italy and out of plastic

-its NOT a FJ40 Toyota Land Cruise Part

it goes in the Trash ......... :)
Hey wait, it might be a rare and valuable ALFA relay!

Looks like it could be a brake light switch.

Could be a cheap replacement brake light switch. South America who knows what replacement parts were used. Not sure how things are done in SA but brake light switches are really nothing that special.

Guys you are killing me! This is a 40 year dream come true, why am I feeling like I have a lemon...

should I concerned about replacing it?
Probably should get a wiring diagram and see what it's tapped into, or ask the PO if possible.
It's kinda like a fusible link only resettable.
Caravaners use these for accessories like 12v electric jugs, outside lights etc. It may not even be needed. It could even be wired to the cig lighter socket.
Does it have a cig lighter socket?

These things are usually panel mounted. Is there a hole somewhere near it?

Last edited:
Flux capacitor?:meh:

It has been tied into the dome light. One side goes to the dome light and the other side goes to one of the terminals on the back of the instrument panel.

Could possibly a simple on/off switch to the dome light. Time to start chasing wires.

should I concerned about replacing it?

Because you have a SA import and the vehicle is over forty years old really going to be hard to tell exactly what it is. On these old cruisers just a general understanding of how electric works is a big help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom