What is this witchcraft? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this on Instagram and can't for the life of me figure out which series this is. I know it's an 80 series but the front looks like a 6x series. Hopefully some of you gurus will have some input. Also I wanna do this. What will it take to make this happen.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412952218.183769.jpg

Can't remember the company, but believe they were out of Japan and made/modified a 60 series grill onto 80s.

Check my old threads. I posted these and a long discussion came out of it

I like it, but it doesn't look simple to pull off. Post it up if you figure out what it takes.

Local guy tried to do that but it didn't work out well for him. He finally gave up. Not sure what all the issues were. John

I love the look and for retro, it is very cool. However, you then deal with older tech of headlights, crap night driving. Like others said, extensive fender work, not just the cut, but there is a different crease to allow for no contour in the corner lamp.

The look is good if you have a low profile bumper. An ARB or other bullbar would make this a waste of $$.

However, you then deal with older tech of headlights, crap night driving.

That might have been the case 30 years ago but technology has changed. You can drop in these replacement lights with a projector already built in and get better light output than what we have on our FJ80s

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0172.jpg

True. But projectors hardly uphold the "retro" look.

Not sure what you call cruiser in that picture, but in my mind, it may as well be "FJHot."

The look is definitely different. I could like it with a utilitarian interior and manual trans with a diesel for the full retro look, but not with the way most of our trucks look like. I saw overspray on tires, horns, windshield rubber, so I wouldn't be that confident in the quality of work done on the front treatment. It just kinda reinforces my belief that there would be a sizeable market in NA for a Toyota HD base model 70 series pickup/ SUV. If Mercedes-Benz can still sell the G-Wagon in very very low production numbers, Toyota could do the same if they wanted to market a no frills 70 series in NA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom