What is this wiring harness for? New owner 1997 FZJ80. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found a disconnected wiring harness under the hood on the passenger side. What is this for and any ideas why it would be disconnected? Thank you!

IMG_3099.jpeg

The smaller of the two ended up being the power antenna motor. Left it disconnected. Reconnected the bigger one but still not sure what it is.

I'm now thinking the larger of the two was the fuel pump resistor. Previously the truck would rumble at an idle. With it reconnected it is no longer doing that. Its adjacent to the antenna motor on this diagram also. Can anyone confirm if the connectors for the antenna motor and the fuel pump resistor are ran alongside each other?

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 5.17.47 PM.png

Tough to tell from your picture, but...
The smaller connector is the auto on power lead to the antenna.
The larger connector is for the power antenna up/down switch.
The resistor is the large finned unit which is plugged in to the gray two wire connector in your picture.
The other connector in that area is the harness for the front e-locker. It may not be connected if you don't have that option.

Tough to tell from your picture, but...
The smaller connector is the auto on power lead to the antenna.
The larger connector is for the power antenna up/down switch.
The resistor is the large finned unit which is plugged in to the gray two wire connector in your picture.
The other connector in that area is the harness for the front e-locker. It may not be connected if you don't have that option.

Thank you! So it makes sense that both were disconnected if the antenna is broken off anyways. This has lead me to something else though. I may need to drive it around more instead of idling in the driveway to reproduce the rumble at idle. If it continues to do that should I look at the fuel pump resistor as a possible cause for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom