What is this wire harness under the center console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I swear I've seen this mentioned somewhere, but I can't seem to track it down - if this has been posted somewhere already I apologize.

I found this wire harness and connection under the console that doesn't connect to anything, and there is what appears to be a drain tube next to is.. Do I remember correctly that this was some sort of optional upgrade for a cooler in the center console?

Can this be re used as a source of power for the BMW seat swap? Any other benefits or use cases for this wiring?? Thanks in advanced for the insights.

(Dont judge how dirty these carpets are - It's a mountain rig and the dog certainly doesn't help. Rest assured I'm cleaning her out real good this weekend)
IMG_1968.jpg

That "drain tube" is actually the cut wiring for the thermosensor that inserts into the catalytic converter. The disconnected plug is most likely for the thermosensor to plug into. These wires will go back to the emissions computer and would not be a source of power for seats. There are also some wires that would connect to your seat belt warning lights (which might be the other plug) but I wouldn't expect those to have enough power for the BMW seat motors.

Can this be re used as a source of power for the BMW seat swap? Any other benefits or use cases for this wiring?? Thanks in advanced for the insights.

You will want a constant 12v thick wire for BMW seats, since you want to be able to adjust them before you get into the truck. Run a separate wire with a 20a fuse, installed near the power source.

Also, have an inline power switch for driver seat power. Otherwise, constant power will time out the driver seat control. Passenger seat can be constant hot.

Neutral safety switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom