What is this thing mounted to my windshield? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought an '07 LX to replace my '02 and it has a weird large triangle thing mounted to the windshield next to the rain sensor. I pulled the glovebox and found several aftermarket accessory cables run though but I have yet to dig into pulling the radio and trim pieces to see where they all go. Does anyone have a clue what it is?
IMG_4910.JPG

Could be anything aftermarket since it didn't come with the car. Sensor, antenna, security indicator, etc.

It's not the same shape as what's on my 05. Did they change the shape of the rain sensor possibly?
Don't think so...the rain sensor is next to the triangular device in the pic. I'm guessing it's probably a gps antenna or remote start antenna.

Is it a “Night View” equipped vehicle?

That's an old satellite radio antenna. I believe that's the Toyota accessory one.

It seems I don't yet have enough posts to enable editing, so I'll just add a reply to anyone who reads this far. After pulling the dash to add a Grom Vlite, I traced wires back and found a satellite radio unit was added. So, it's a satellite radio antenna. There was about 25 feet of wire coiled up under the passenger carpet and the module is mounted under the carpet against the transmission tunnel. Two of the wires on the satellite harness run back underneath the passenger seat. I unbolted the seat and found the wires are spliced into wiring for to the Mark Levinson amplifier. I'm not sure what they do, but I left the harness coiled underneath the carpet, just in case something went awry, I could hook it back up. I've been running the Vlite for a few weeks now with no issues (other than quirks of the Grom unit), so I'm about to cut the satellite radio harness free and pull it out along with the antenna. Next to install the GPS antenna and microphone to finish off the Grom install.

Reactions: jLB
It seems I don't yet have enough posts to enable editing, so I'll just add a reply to anyone who reads this far. After pulling the dash to add a Grom Vlite, I traced wires back and found a satellite radio unit was added. So, it's a satellite radio antenna. There was about 25 feet of wire coiled up under the passenger carpet and the module is mounted under the carpet against the transmission tunnel. Two of the wires on the satellite harness run back underneath the passenger seat. I unbolted the seat and found the wires are spliced into wiring for to the Mark Levinson amplifier. I'm not sure what they do, but I left the harness coiled underneath the carpet, just in case something went awry, I could hook it back up. I've been running the Vlite for a few weeks now with no issues (other than quirks of the Grom unit), so I'm about to cut the satellite radio harness free and pull it out along with the antenna. Next to install the GPS antenna and microphone to finish off the Grom install.
"After pulling the dash to add a Grom Vlite" -- Can you give us an update on this? There does not seem to be much info (on the 100's forum anyway) about this VLite unit. Nice long thread on the VLine... I realize your post was only ~2 weeks ago but any updates/pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers,
rjones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom