What is this Sticker On the Head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
I’ve pulled many a drivetrain and hardly ever do I see a sticker on the back of the head, and never in this good of shape. I’m guessing it’s newer head from Mr T. Anyone know for sure?

For those who don’t know, it’s a 1FZ engine and this would be facing the firewall. Unless you had a scope or pulled the head, you’d never see it.

@beno @cruiserdan

48DCB839-81B2-4AC8-95EA-8F2A26DC6AFF.jpeg

OMG!!
With those, it means you can return it for factory new exchange, no questions asked, and no expiration!

It looks like it was there before the freeze plugs went in.

My guess, a factory inventory tag? Both of the heads we have sitting here ('96 & '97) have remnants of that sticker.

It a factory tracking/sequencing sticker.
Imagine the line that built that engine also has to make other engines.
They don't batch build parts, it is all done in sequence and that sticker helps keep track as an extra confirmation.

Thanks G. Is there any validity to what was said above with regards to warranty? Or is it not original but a replacement?

Thanks G. Is there any validity to what was said above with regards to warranty? Or is it not original but a replacement?
I think the warranty thing was a joke. Even if it wasn't I don't think Mr. T has a new, complete, motor to give you at this point. They might have all the separate parts to make one, but getting a fully built 1FZ-FE from them seems unlikely.

Does the head have the vin number on the front, pass side, kind of riveted on? If not, that is my clue that it has been replaced.

Does the head have the vin number on the front, pass side, kind of riveted on? If not, that is my clue that it has been replaced.

Or, it's had a supercharger.

No, definitely not a magic warranty sticker.

Newer engines have a similar tag, but it includes a QR code to be read by vision systems in the assy line.
While the engine sticker does not contain VIN info, they are tied together in a build sheet somewhere.

From the image, the H00079**** is some sequence number to make sure it is mated with the correct block and/or vehicle.
It may be stamped elsewhere on the head. Newer engines have several identifiers in different locations for trace-ability, sequencing, identification, etc.
FZD50***** calls out the engine type/revision info (there were several minor variations over the years)
F - 3AN**** is probably a coded production date/time or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom