What is this plug for??? Tough question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It is located directly under the center console in my 10/87 FJ62, running from the harness near the rear heater switch wire/plug.

So far the only guesses, and I don't know what the right answer is, are:
* heated front seats (likely ruled out by John at Radd, the heated seat plugs look different on his 88 62 and his HJ61), or
* the FJ62 Sahara (non-USA) center console fridge/freezer unit.

What I really want to know is if it gets constant power or switched (my multimeter is fried), what amp, and if it is fused (and if so, which fuse). I want to run my handy-dandy inside console mounted 12v cig lighter socket from an existing, dedicated power source so I do not have to splice into my rear heater fan switch lines.

Thanks.
plug.JPG

I just pulled my rear heater and put an inverter there and was wondering the same thing.

Why not just rig up a test light... ground one side of a bulb, (grab a tail light bulb) use a wire to probe the plugs, and power the light. Once you find a live wire, start pulling fuses to see if it goes out.

Or... you could spend $6 and buy yourself a new meter and do it in 1/64th of the time. :)

Why not just rig up a test light... ground one side of a bulb, (grab a tail light bulb) use a wire to probe the plugs, and power the light. Once you find a live wire, start pulling fuses to see if it goes out.

Or... you could spend $6 and buy yourself a new meter and do it in 1/64th of the time. :)

What about your seat belt warning light?

On the fj60 the Cat temp probe is right there. On a 62 it may be for the O2 sensors.

Dynosoar:zilla:

No idea what its for - sorry.

One thought though is to look in the electrical diagram section of the FSM...I think most of the options Mr T had on 60's are there (including the non-NA market options). Might be some clues there as to what the plug was for, and certainly it will help you identify what wires are hot/ground/switched/etc.

10/85 - 1/90 it could be for one of these. Or at least it would be cool to think so...:hillbilly:

801-060-004.jpg
See second asterisk in the original post.
No idea what its for - sorry.

One thought though is to look in the electrical diagram section of the FSM...I think most of the options Mr T had on 60's are there (including the non-NA market options). Might be some clues there as to what the plug was for, and certainly it will help you identify what wires are hot/ground/switched/etc.

I looked, saw nothing. I'll look again.

"See second asterisk in the original post. "

Yessir, saw that.
Just thought you needed a pic to drive the wishful thinking mystery connector home.:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom