What is this piece of 4x4 equipment ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image-1.jpg

What is the device on the front wheel of this truck ? At first I thought it might be one of those "Hub winches" but I don't think so.

Edit - I guess it's on the rear wheel too.

Now I'm thinking it's some sort of central tire inflator ....

Last edited:
Yeah, its like what Hummer's have. In-cab tire pressure control unit - pretty fancy eh?

The 2wd Dakar vehicles gets CTIS (Central Tire Inflation System) the 4WD do not get that feature. You can look at Robby Gordon Hummer and it has the same feature. It would be cool to have it on the 100 Series, I am sure it can be done - it just depends on how much money you want to spend or how much I want to spend which is ZERO!

Its cheaper to get out of the car and air down:grinpimp:

But who wants to get out of the AC when it's 120 degrees in the shade and there is no shade ?

I'm sure that changes the value in your mind after a couple of tries. Of course you Death Valley veterans already know that.

Last edited:
When we go through DV its late February early March just for that reason so we don't deal with the heat. :D

Also, Cruiserdrew organizes the drive that when we air down its for a few days before we need to air up and head for the gas station or when its time to go home. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom