what is this--passenger footwell/vacuum under hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

t-o

Threads
Hi guys!
A question about my 1982 (Nov 81) FJ60.

I'm fixing a hundred and one PO emissions vacuum hose mis-routings under the hood. I found this hose that originates on the firewall on the passenger side, and the end that I am holding was connected to a tee just above the PCV valve. As far as I know, the hose was connected in the wrong place. WHERE SHOULD THIS END GO?

At the firewall, the hose was connected to the gold disc (diaphragm valve?) located inside in the passenger's footwell, just behind the heater blower motor. My 60 does have AC (if it matters?).

Thanks in advance for your help and knowledge!!
Tim
fj605thingOutside.jpg
FJ60thingInside.jpg

PS...Yes, I did search, and I saw the emissions demons thread (which was an awesome help, thanks!!), and I looked on SOR and also looked in my Haynes manual...still can't figure it out!
Tim

Mine runs to the distributor cap? I'm vacuum challenged, so I can't tell you what it is.

The gold disk is a filter. The other end goes the the distributor cab. The motor draws air through the cap to remove moisture from inside the cap to prevent corrosion.

HTH,
Nick

Cool, you guys rock! So that's what the "Air Filter" from the diagrams looks like. I just assumed it was an inconsistant term that meant air cleaner but then i couldn't figure out how the distrib cap was connected. nailed 2 birds with one stone.

I guess I'd better to r&r the hose, probably some oil in it from being hooked to he PCV system...
Thanks!
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom