What is this part? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was doing a general look around in my engine compartment after I had an episode where the starter failed to turn - only once, hasn't recurred - changing contacts on my to-do list. -
I noticed this part right next to the ignition coil which I have obviously seen before but I never realized it it not hooked up - to anything at all

What is it?
ignition coil.jpg

Last edited:
I was doing a general look around in my engine compartment after I had an episode where the starter failed to turn - only once, hasn't recurred - changing contacts on my to-do list. -
I noticed this part right next to the ignition coil which I have obviously seen before but I never realized it it not hooked up - to anything at all

What is it?

That is not a stock OEM part, so therefore I have no clue what it is. It looks like some type of small compressor, like for an air horn , etc? BUt you could toss it.

Zack

definatly don't have one of those in my 85 but had somethign similar in my other one that was the compressor to the air horn that didn't work.

lunyou

Zack is correct that is an after market multi tone horn remove it if you dont want it.

Zack is correct that is an after market multi tone horn remove it if you dont want it.
Howdy!Yup on the electric air horn compressor. Keep looking, you may have some horns bolted into the grill somewhere. They don't last very long anyway. I just tossed two of them. I now have dual/dual air horns hooked up to my Yorked On Board Air. Now, THAT'S some loud horns. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom