What is this part or where does it go (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It was a fun discord. I still have no idea where that goes or if it even is for my FJ. The red color on the part really threw me fo a loop, as it is the same as my FJ. I mean just look at her. Cherry pie is her name. I love and trust this community and if any of the responses at this point haven't came to an answer, then I believe it is either not a stock part or it doesn't matter. The part will be in my ashtray for probably years, making me wonder "where the f**k did that come from!

Cheers
20220311_010140.jpg

It's probably not stk. It's a weld stud. Ussually they're tack or spot welded. I'd bet it has sae threads. Looks like it was used for a different purpose and not welded to anything, because it has paint where its supposed to be welded. Is the back side painted?

It's probably not stk. It's a weld stud. Ussually they're tack or spot welded. I'd bet it has sae threads. Looks like it was used for a different purpose and not welded to anything, because it has paint where its supposed to be welded. Is the back side painted?

The back side is not painted

The back side is not painted

Any evidence of it being tack welded? I think you might be able to find a spot where there's no paint in the shape of the tab on the 40.

I've seen that piece before, cant remember where it goes but it was spot welded and the spot weld fails,

Door stops intact?

It’s not some kind of stud for holding wire loom in place is it?

I'm parsing. Its getting clearer, grill area, maybe headlight bucket/adjuster, emblem , screen, not sure battery hold down ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom