For Sale What is this ole girl worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One of my customers is a car dealership and they know I'm interested in old Toyotas. Im wondering what this sucker is worth. Someone traded it in for a new pickup over the weekend and they are not sure what to do with it.

I know nothing about it other than I drove it and I desperately want it! New Hankook Dynapro ATM tires. Everything seemed to work. It runs and drives great! Super solid.

It looks like it was originally a silver truck as seen along the edges of the engine compartment, but the door jambs and everything else look good.

What do you guys think it is worth?

350k Kilometers
Left Hand Drive

4vbTKNq.jpg

e6S2Z1y.jpg

h9EyP42.jpg

XMCIHhf.jpg

GIiX00z.jpg

lOziJj4.jpg

xfN4Vd1.jpg

pyozuFs.jpg

RBipUj8.jpg

1GJoeBs.jpg

They know what they got into it. Ask them what they want. Go from there first

I think the color change is good and bad at the same time. Good because it's a sweet color, bad because it isn't original. That's bad to me only because you may be compelled to find a nice factory color and run with that (even if it's a respray).

But:

We are talking about left hand drive, mid wheelbase, manual trans, and an awesome engine. Seems really solid too.

I have noticed this for sale too and when I try to say "nah, not for me", I go back to the ad and look again .

I'm sure there is a better deal out there...maybe, but then again maybe not.

Go with thy gut is my advice. Carpe diem

What kind of sick individual would just trade that in at your average joe dealership. I bet they are in it no more than a few grand, that will sell all day long for 13k on the private market as is with not intel, more if there is some history and verified condition on engine, rust, etc.

Killer is no A/C in Texas.

5k and I have cash ;)

@joekatana is this one that you imported?

@dogfishlake you should buy this so that there is another 70 series up here in Michigan.

Yes I imported it a few years ago and sold it to a mutual friend of the current owner. It was a good running and driving Cruiser but the po had the turbo engine sitting in his shop and decided to swap it. The engine that came out ran great and is in the hands of another Mud member from Austin.

Lhd HZJ73’s are creaping up in value overseas so I think his asking price is fair, 99% of the lhd 73’s do not have ac so if you want ac you have 2 choices : buy one that has oem ac at a usual much higher price then this one or buy one without and install an oem system or some aftermarket universal kit.

These will not get any cheaper in the future, there are a lot of choices if you can live with a rhd but the lhd market has a lot less choices in the 7x models.

@joekatana is this one that you imported?

@dogfishlake you should buy this so that there is another 70 series up here in Michigan.

Oh for sure, I'm saving a fund for a HZJ-73!

Then I will stop buying cruisers, really.

Well maybe an FJ45. Then I'll stop!

Besides, with my current crop, this one is way too nice - no giant oil spots underneath, no big dents, or even rust holes!

@joekatana

You said the asking price is fair. What asking price are you referring to?

Where did you import it from?

This cruiser came from the Netherlands, I missed the fact about the dealership. It was for sale here on Mud for 22k I believe. Just look trough the for sale ads.

Oh for sure, I'm saving a fund for a HZJ-73!

Then I will stop buying cruisers, really.

Well maybe an FJ45. Then I'll stop!

Besides, with my current crop, this one is way too nice - no giant oil spots underneath, no big dents, or even rust holes!

I have a few lined up for the coming years but unfortunately none that are 25 year at this point.

The ad is still there but the price is gone.

I think it was $22k as well

I have a few lined up for the coming years but unfortunately none that are 25 year at this point.

Bummer.

Active stalker of your Cruisers for sale here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom