What is this metal piece sticking out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Doing some prep work on the rig this morning and I noticed this piece of metal sticking out of the frame on the driver's side. I couldn't get a good light in there to see what's going on but it feels secure. It's not on the passenger side. Thanks!

See the upper left corner of the image.
20190728_114443-01.jpeg

Looks like the stem of a lollipop nut (a nut welded to the end of a stick). That would be the stem that is used to position the nut in place inside the frame while threading the bolt just a little lower in the photo.

20190728_122218.jpg

This is a better shot. There is another bolt that is on the passenger side (for the slee sliders) that doesn't have one. Strange.

Last edited:
They are a little bit of a pain. I installed my BudBuilt sliders, and I could go another lifetime without having to thread another lollipop nut.

6BB27B91-FF0A-4E34-92A0-05F221528599.png

Ah interesting. If I see Christo this week I'll ask him about it.

Demented minds think these things up I swear

I’m sure some have invented swear words when they fall into the frame.

If you've got slee sliders they are almost definitely the stem to the nut. They were used for the slee sliders a buddy put on his GX

At least for the ones on the GX which I would assume be the same for the LC, those lollipop nuts had multiple bend points on the stem. So that can also be the reason you only have one sticking out like that

Last edited:
I would leave it there. It will be much easier to get the slider off with it in place, if you even need to.

I would leave it there. It will be much easier to get the slider off with it in place, if you even need to.

Oh yea I left it. It's well out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom