What is this green plug for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
It is taped up with the plug that goes to the parking brake.

5555023948_fd56ddbed5_z.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Goes to the parking brake switch to operate the "park brake" warning light on the dash?

Brake4.jpg

:beer:
Brake4.jpg

...Nope, that is hooked up and works. One wire is light blue with a red stripe and I forgot about the other one.

Well what about SouthBoston's answer below then?

Maybe it goes to the brake pedal switch?

I actually mistook the connector for being near the handbrake for my answer ... but it is really near the brake-pedal-switch isn't it?

Do your brake lights work?

Well what about SouthBoston's answer below then?

He was way off. Like 3 inches. I think you are more on target.
I actually mistook the connector for being near the handbrake for my answer ... but it is really near the brake-pedal-switch isn't it?

Do your brake lights work?

No you were correct. It is near the brake handle. The parking brake lights work on the back of the car and the warning light also including everything else. The seat belt light doesnt work. I will check that out tomorrow. It is just a dangling plug. My lights are like yours but mine says SEAT BELT instead of PARK BRAKE and my BRAKE light comes on when I use the parking brake.:bang:

Wait 'till I have the bracket question tomorrow.:whoops:

Last edited:
It's for an optional "front drive indicator light switch"

Goes to the parking brake switch to operate the "park brake" warning light on the dash?

View attachment 507687
Nope, that is hooked up and works. One wire is light blue with a red stripe and I forgot about the other one.

Light blue / Red stripe (LR in the wiring diagram) comes from the heater fuse and feeds: the cluster panel, heater blow switch (opt) but this is a 3 wire connector, transfer indicator switch (opt) with Red/Yellow as second wire, front drive indicator light switch (opt), back up light switch with Red/Blue as second wire and the parking brake light with Red/White as the second wire.

From the picture it looks to me it is the connector for the transfer indicator switch (opt) if you have one.

Rudi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom