What is this frame component?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Mid passenger door under the frame rail. It's not on the other side and doesn't appear to have a function. The bolts go through rubber bushings and the whole thing flexes. Thoughts before I take it off?

20230425_195126.png

20230425_195103.jpg

20230425_195109.jpg

Your vehicle will vibrate and fall to pieces without it.

It's a vibration damper.

Remove & toss.

cheers,
george.

Flux capacitor

Thoughts? Yeah, put it in a box and mail it to me, I’ll even pay you for it..
My flux capacitor got lost in 1985 and I’m still stuck there.

Pm me if you don’t need it pls.

It's the thing people throw away, then spend six months trying to figure out why they've got a drone/booming, then realize they shouldn't have thrown that thing away and start posting WTB threads.

Thanks everyone...crazy to think that piece of "duct tape" hold our rigs together! lol I'll leave it on and ignore it.

We are getting soft here. A guy posts about flux capacitor and I don't see any creative takes! [shakes head in disbelief]

We are getting soft here. A guy posts about flux capacitor and I don't see any creative takes! [shakes head in disbelief]
I saw an opportunity and took it. Couldn’t believe I was the first.

I saw an opportunity and took it. Couldn’t believe I was the first.
Well, you were the first because of the flux capacitor. You knew before we did. It was not a sports book you had, but a TLC service manual

I see alot of threads in this forum, mainly from "offroaders" who removed the factory running boards and this metal "vibration isolater" part and now they all complain how they can feel every single crack, pebble, and expansion joint in the road. Members with stock 100s arent complaining about this. Something to keep in mind before you decide to remove yours.

this piece plays a vital part in your vehicle frame's acoustics. keep in attached if you want the best possible ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom