What is this connector and hose for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While replacing a burnt out taillight bulb on the right side I saw this unused 6 pin connector and small hose in the 1/4 panel just under the body connector for the taillight. Does anyone know what they are for? Any chance this is to add a 7 pin trailer connector?

49DB163D-8534-49AD-AD62-74CC5F0CBFC8.jpeg

Interesting, I'm more curious to where that tube is coming from and where the heck it's draining to.

Did a previous owner run a diff breather vent tube up into the cabin there?
I doubt it, this thing was about as stock as they come other than a different radio headunit. The hose is about the size of washer fluid line but my rear window washer works fine. I’m more interested in what the connector is for because at some point in the next 6 months or so we are hoping to get a tent trailer and I’d like a 7 pin trailer harness for a 12v supply and trailer brakes.

Euro rear fog light?
The connector has 6 pins in it so it’s probably for more than one extra light. Some day when I have more time I’ll see if any of the pins activate with my test light. I was just hoping someone here knew what it was without having to individually test the pins.

That tube looks exactly like wiper washer tubes. Doesn't it?

That tube looks exactly like wiper washer tubes. Doesn't it?
It does but my rear washer works fine and there are no signs that any liquid has come out of that hose.

Any chance that's a drain hose for the rear a/c?

Any chance that's a drain hose for the rear a/c?
The hose is horizontal to the ground and has the ID of a regular vacuum hose so it seems too small to be a drain hose.

Im betting that is a breather line for something (elocker motor?). The plug is probably for an option the truck doesnt have , presuming rear a/c
what year is the truck ?

Im betting that is a breather line for something (elocker motor?). The plug is probably for an option the truck doesnt have , presuming rear a/c
what year is the truck ?
My truck is an ‘01 and has working 3rd row heat and A/C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom