What is this? 1fz (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BBEB31FC-9231-4494-B55F-D194C4399FA9.jpeg

Don’t mind the oil leak. This is directly behind crank pulley, what would go here? Is it a blank for an option? Am I missing something?

What year/model vehicle? 1FZ (carburator) or 1FZFE?

Take another photo from further back from that area.

94 1fzfe
Is my crank sensor missing or what? Truck runs and drives perfectly fine. Are there instances or model years where the crank sensor was omitted or in a different location?

Last edited:
crank sensor is for obdII.
your 94 is obdI so has no crank sensor.
drive on
Thanks! Is the sensor in the block or pan?Interesting if they had the port for the sensor on pre obdII blocks, or pans for that matter. Unless the 1fzfe was obdII in other markets prior to US?

Do you know the history of the truck ? Unless they started using the 95+ oil pan in late 94 or something, I'm thinking there is a good possibility you have a newer engine swapped in. Or at least a newer oil pan. Do you still have the PAIR valve ?

Good news is that you are one step closer to an OBD2 swap if you ever want to go turbo. :cool:

Jason

Do you know the history of the truck ? Unless they started using the 95+ oil pan in late 94 or something, I'm thinking there is a good possibility you have a newer engine swapped in. Or at least a newer oil pan. Do you still have the PAIR valve ?

Good news is that you are one step closer to an OBD2 swap if you ever want to go turbo. :cool:

Jason
My build date is 11/94 so maybe they had already switched over to the newer pans? I do have pair valve. I know very little about the history of my LC, I’ve owned it for a year but really only started looking into it this past Nov/Dec. any other features or signs to tell if motor has been swapped?

Thanks! Is the sensor in the block or pan?Interesting if they had the port for the sensor on pre obdII blocks, or pans for that matter. Unless the 1fzfe was obdII in other markets prior to US?
Could be wrong, but I believe the 1FZFE was OBD1 into the 2000's in other countries.
They knew what was up. lol

Love this. You 80 wizards are awesome. I know if I’ve got 1 bar of cell service y’all are just one post away from helping the helpless (me)….

Love this. You 80 wizards are awesome. I know if I’ve got 1 bar of cell service y’all are just one post away from helping the helpless (me)….
Absolutely! I’m a member/ex user of several other vehicle forums and none of them hold a candle to MUD in terms of knowledge and experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom