what is the thread size of this 3rd bolt hole? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All three are M10 x 1.25. You might be having issues with the unused one due to paint on the threads. I ran the same M10 x 1.25 bolt through all three bolt holes.

1668653109066.png

It’s not hard. It appears to be a factory hole. Most likely threads are 1.25, then 1.50, then 1.75 (not likely). Buy one of each & get it done.👍🎯👍

All three are M10 x 1.25. You might be having issues with the unused one due to paint on the threads. I ran the same M10 x 1.25 bolt through all three bolt holes.

View attachment 3170300
yes! great info… but for sure aint no 12mm bolt going in there no matter what pitch…the notion that the Japanese thread their bolts differently makes sense…I ordered a few from dealer earlier today and we’ll see and report back for those who may be interested

yes! great info… but for sure aint no 12mm bolt going in there no matter what pitch…the notion that the Japanese thread their bolts differently makes sense…I ordered a few from dealer earlier today and we’ll see and report back for those who may be interested
the top and bottom bolts are M12X1.25
the side bolts are M10X1.25
that's how it is on my 91 HDJ81, though I can't imagine it being different for U.S. trucks, but who knows.

How did you determine that it was not what @jonheld listed?

I happen to know he is correct, but you insist he is not.

Maybe you could go to the partsouq site and find the correct Toyota P/N for that bolt. It won't tell you the thread or size, but you will have a P/N you can order.
I just realized where the 12mm spec came from...we misunderstood each other...I am referring to the bolt holes on the front frame rails on the sides of the rails (stock bumper mounting location) while you guys were referring to the bolt holes on the top and bottoms of the front frame rails...typical mounting location for after market bumpers etc...the bolts I am dealing with are not 12mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom