What is the purpose of these hooks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering if anyone can tell me the purpose of these 3 hooks? They don’t appear to line up with anything when the screen is down or up.
BA56857D-030D-4985-8B83-E60DF9DE11D2.jpeg

What vehicle are you dealing with. I have a 65 FJ45LP-B that have four hooks similar to these that are part of latches to hold the cap on at the windshield.

What vehicle are you dealing with. I have a 65 FJ45LP-B that have four hooks similar to these that are part of latches to hold the cap on at the windshield.
The vehicle is a June 1970 Fj40V-B
It’s a New Zealand assembled truck

if they are to hold the cap down then shouldn’t they be the other way up. Also the cap has nothing that relates to these.

I looked and seen you were in New Zealand. Did you have them off and remount them? They are inside down compared to my 45. Did this have a locally made hard top by chance?

Martyn,

Looks like someone swapped out your original 40 series windshield frame with one for the 1960s FJ/BJ45 pickup trucks. There was a set of corresponding latches attached to the underside of the metal pickup roof that worked in conjunction with the hooks to secure the front of the 45 roof to the windshield frame. Your current 40 series roof panel probably has not been modified to use these hooks.

If you decide to delete these hooks, I could sure use them. Pls let me know.

Martyn,

Looks like someone swapped out your original 40 series windshield frame with one for the 1960s FJ/BJ45 pickup trucks. There was a set of corresponding latches attached to the underside of the metal pickup roof that worked in conjunction with the hooks to secure the front of the 45 roof to the windshield frame. Your current 40 series roof panel probably has not been modified to use these hooks.

If you decide to delete these hooks, I could sure use them. Pls let me know.
I’m keeping them for sure.
The frame is original from what I can tell but who knows as one of the doors was replace also.
The NZ trucks are a bit different to the US equivalents in that a 1970 US market 40 has the newer plainer dash and I have the older style. There are actually a bunch of things that are earlier style in comparison but that chassis and body numbers match.
I’ve seen other NZ 40s with those hooks that turn out to be for 45s so perhaps when being assembled, they used whatever bits were lying around and things got mismatched?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom