What is the original solution for this? (FJ43 1970 w/ 2F) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm slowly working on making my FJ43 more original than not. A painful process as I'm sure many know. Thus far I've been tackling the more aesthetic elements. Now I am ready to jump down the more technical rabbit hole.

What is the 'original' version of this?
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 19.10.17.png

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 19.10.24.png

NO

that's a CHINA version of a child POINTS based igniter

this is what you need to correct all that

7D42D4B8-C913-4CBC-88E2-B7357B00400E-Copy_2048x.jpg
Well s***, that looks fun.

As far as I can tell this is all relatively plug-and-play - correct?
I see you're the vendor, what type of instructions, if any, are included?

Well s***, that looks fun.

As far as I can tell this is all relatively plug-and-play - correct?
I see you're the vendor, what type of instructions, if any, are included?

well ........

i specialize in making PHUN Teq things for people like you and me :D

- correct , it's 100% ALL OEM parts , and with the exception of making 2 simple electrical connections , YES , Plug and Play is the VintageTeqParts way ...

- Black wire w/ yellow tracer stripe from key switch to IGNITION COIL GREEN CONNECTOR

- YOUR white wire w/ black tracer stripe inside the vehicle behind fire wall up under dash hooks to my solid white grounding wire

here are your installation instructions for your review , pay close attn. to my point i make several times about correct Distributer to OIL PUMP shaft engagement , because if it's NOT IN your OIL PUMP will NOT Spin...........

What is the 'original' version of this?
Originally, your coil, etc. Was probably not mounted to the firewall. Depending on what year you want to be, you have a couple choices.

Well you need to pick your OEM styling....do you want the engine to look like an F or a 2F?

If an F....

F coil and ballast with matching points dizzy (I'd go with a new OEM points dizzy from Toyota, easy and cheap to install). Then get oem plug wires to make it pretty.

If more 2F is your taste....

A. '75-'77 Coil/Igniter with new OEM Toyota points dizzy.
B. '79-'87 Electronic coil/igniter from Fj40/60 with matching big cap dizzy (only used options exist). You'll also need the matching 2f side cover.

The nicest option is the 79-87, but I also used a 75-77 with a new OEM points dizzy and to be honest - I saw ZERO performance improvement. Both drove very smooth and ran great.

I say for long term parts replacement I would go with option A for 2F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom