What is the oldest object in your 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My oldest object is a pair of brown leather driving gloves my older brother gave me for Christmas 18 years ago. They've been well used in other cars along the way, and also on long trips in the 80. Still in great shape.

Doug

Its me 8)
Unless the wife is in it too then its her :D

The oldest thing in mine would be my '43 WRA Garand. (I'm second in line :'( )

The half a chocolate chip cookie the PO left under the front passenger seat.

-B-

I have a 50 years+ Buddha statue from a famous temple in northern Thailand in my rig to protect it against evil and for good luck.

Mike

It's either the 1936 Krieghoff or the shrapnel from my father's WWII encounter. :)

90year old antique compass I bought from antique store. Works good though. ;)

At the current rate of replacement I estimate the entire truck will be showroom in less than 8 years.

I have a habit of buying new and keeping old for spare.

I guess the oldest things are the few parts left from manufacture.

ME!

The dead dinosaurs that keep the thing running, several million years. :D :D :D :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Cary

The torque wrench in my tool box That my father bought sometime in the late 60s and I Borrowed on a no return basis.
next to that would be the elephant that hangs form my rear view mirror that I wore on a necklace since I was 15.
Dave

The oldest of the pennies the PO lost in the seats and carpets which continue emerge periodically no matter how many times I think I have them all.

Semlin,

What the heck is a "cup holder rug insert"? I have 2 cupholders with no insert, and a roughly square "junk holder" that has a carpet insert. Did I get ripped off, or in this day of huge fast food gulps has that "junk holder" been renamed??

Doug

renamed. i would hesitate to call those misplaced little square things cupholders though. The front one holds my tire deflater, the rear one is covered up by my monster console top.

The oldest thing in my cruiser is the passenger side seat cover. Don't tell her I said that though.

Nest oldest is probably some fries under the seat.

Same seat?

Agree those things hardly qualify as cupholders. The rig was designed just before it became an industry obsession to have as many cupholders as possible in every vehicle. Nothing fits in those darn things except a bike style water bottle because it will flex as you shove it in. Not worth screwing with, mine has random junk in it.

Doug

Signal mirror from Dad's suvival vest. Korean war I think, they changed to smaller glass ones when I was in, and now plastic.

Doug, it's the square hole in the front of the console. My tag line stems from an old thread where Dan produced a p/n for someone for the little carpet square that goes in the bottom. If you throw a few receipts in there for padding it will hold a grande pretty good, and it's the only "cupholder" that the passenger can reach (and she needs her coffee).

I don't know what toyota calls any of the things that serve as potential cup holders in an 80, and I agree that two of them are pretty flawed, but at least they are still there 11 years later and as "functional" as original which is more than you can say for the cupholders in my forester (in dash cd tray style holder jams and spills easily, console holder only holds large drinks, and rear double floor cupholder did not survive a 4 year old stepping on it)

least in the 80 they made an improvement in the "cupholder"
in the 60 you have to reach almost behind you to get your drink and they both sit together, there isnt any hole in the front. and my 71's cup holder is one of those McDonald lawsuits waiting to happen :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom