1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is "the" offroad, 4x4 store in San Diego

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wantatlc, Jul 5, 2005.

1. wantatlc

wantatlc

who in north county san diego is the best stroe that has all the off road, 4x4 accessories one would want. Is it the ORW? something better out there? like the super shop of 4x4 stores for kids in a candy shop?

2. fj40crusher

fj40crusher

ORW is OK but you need to drive north to LA and go to SOR. It's worth the trip just to check out the cruisers when you walk in the door.

3. blupaddler

blupaddler

www.sleeoffroad.com

www.man-a-fre.com

Other than that, I tend to stray away from the "major" ones. Idiots who don't know much about anything.

BTW...are you looking for something specific in SD?

4. SCJO06

SCJO06

I did some business with ORW awhile back. I had nothing but trouble with those guys( this was back when I had my tacoma). I ordered a Donna Hoe coil over kit that normally would take me a few hours to install( the only reason I put my truck in their hands to do the install, is because I was in the Marines and had no where to work on it). Orginally they said it would be two days, and my truck would be finished. Ok, two weeks later I got my truck back, and then they tried to over charge me for the tires and wheels I ordered. I do however remember them having a good show floor????? I'm pretty sure that if you go in there knowing what you want and how much it normally cost, you would be ok. And I'm not saying they are total F=ups, maybe I just had a bad expereince. IMO, i'd stick with LC'er guys like blupaddler said. They know our vech's and most likely they won't steer you wrong.

Matt
    Former Marine and SoCal resident

5. Owyhee Jackass

Owyhee Jackass

I had good luck with ORW back in the early 90's. I had a Dodge down there when I was in the Navy. There used to be a 4 Wheel Parts Wholesaler out in El Cajon. It seems to me they (SD 4x4 shops) catered more to the Baja, sand rail, rally thing.

What is it you're looking for? I'd check out $OR if your looking for cool OEM crap. I've never had Man-it's-not-free answer the phone, or an email...I think they're make-believe.

good luck.

6. BLKDOG40

BLKDOG40

Still there (as of 3 months ago, when I lived in S.D.) They have locations in No county too. Very cool people- They kicked down some very nice prizes for a Beach n' Toys club raffle. :beer:

The couple times I went to ORW I'd get an attitude from whoever sales guy I had to deal with because I wasn't buying a lift package for my 'jeep' :rolleyes: