What is the lift with OME Heavy with 866 springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok so I purchased my cruiser with OME Heavy and 866 springs.

I was curious what the lift height was for this setup? Compared to some other cruisers out there I feel like my truck definitely isn't as high as some of them and I wanted to figure this out for future reference.

Thanks!

Hi,

My 866 on stock vehicle was about 2.5" lift. 23.5" from wheel center to fender. Once the rear bumper installed with some recovery gears it dropped an inch.

what about your front measurement?

I think I measured under 22" for the front with winch and bumper.
I forgot my rear measurement will measure again

T bars are adjustable so you can raise and lower at your discretion....assuming you have an adequate amount of droop.

I have 866s got a little more than 2 inches lift relative to stock (which were really old). I forget what exact measurement was before and after. They are fine considering the price I paid for them and I haven't really had anything else.

Just measured my fronts are 20 7/8 and the rear is 21.5.

Seems kind of low to me. Of course the center of the wheel is eyeballed but it isn't off by that much

No rear bumper. just sliders. front bumper and winch

MVIMG_20180526_165237.jpg

Last edited:
2866 with sliders 22.5” center of hub to fender. Just installed these today. I kept my front at 21” just to allow some sag with a load.

D7B4E885-57BB-40BE-9918-1D63E5A97F02.jpeg

I have sliders, but no this row seats in, no roof rack, in fact don’t have anything back there right now so that may be a contributing factor.

I have sliders. no 3rd row. stock rack. how long after installing did you measure? it always settles a little bit after installation

Immediately. So that’s part of it too for sure.

would you mind measuring again after it settles in a bit?

Thanks!

Yep I will try to remember. If I forget to post here I will probably post it in my build thread at some point. I have it linked in my sig.

For what it’s worth, I know these are “heavy” coils, but my ride quality with just sliders is really really good. Truck feels planted all the time. Getting a little more spring rate on the 100 goes a long way!

Try the 864 coils.

When purchasing, I was told that 2866 is medium instead of heavy.

what about your front measurement?

I think I measured under 22" for the front with winch and bumper.
I forgot my rear measurement will measure again

Front was 22" before adding the bar and now sits at 21"

Last edited:
Consult the OME Spring chart. Again don’t get bogged down by “heavy” “medium” “X-inches of lift” these are all really oversimplified ways of looking at coil selection. Again, look at spring rates and free heights to help you determine what you want. Then read up here, find someone with a similar setup to you, and see what they did, if they like it, and if you want to do it that’s way.

I heard good things about the 2866 as a modest lift with sliders, and the confidence to step into an aftermarket bumper and not lose much lift. I liked the idea of the dual rate as well to improve ride on road. If you notice, the spring rate is really high on the 866, but the free height is notably shorter than stock. This gave me around 2” with my sliders.

You won’t be the tallest cruiser out there with 866s, but for me and my needs they worked perfectly. Here’s a pic of my oem coils and 1” spacers vs the 866s

3930ACCA-3C0C-4B24-BCC7-62A4776F12A0.jpeg

@suprarx7nut thanks! looking forward to hearing your measurements.

@brando1 well I was thinking if I were to change setups I'd go with something else other than OME

If you change, call @reevesci he owns trail-tailor.com and sells tough dog suspension with his own “Tour Flex” coils. They’re dual rate and he has multiple options on heights and rate. FWIW to complete my “lift kit” I still need torsion bars and shocks so I will definitely go with Tough Dog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom