What is the Best / Recommended Car Cover for 200 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any recommendations on what's the best car cover available out there for 200 Series?

Eager to have perfect fit, no scratching of the paint, and as good outdoors as indoors.

Thanks!

I could be a bit cynical when it comes to car covers, but finding one that checks every box on your wishlist would be like finding bigfoot. Unless your car is perfectly clean with no dust or dirt the car cover will get dirty and eventually scratch your paint. If you don't store it in a dust/dirt proof environment when it's not on the car, it will get dirty and eventually scratch your paint. If you don't store the car where it will be out of wind, stuff will blow under it and it will get dirty and eventually scratch your paint. If you just want to keep bird poop and tree sap off, your best bet would be something like a single use Car Condom style cover. Other than that self healing PPF would do a better job at protection IMO (not to mention we do a lot more damage on the trails anyway)

I could be a bit cynical when it comes to car covers, but finding one that checks every box on your wishlist would be like finding bigfoot. Unless your car is perfectly clean with no dust or dirt the car cover will get dirty and eventually scratch your paint. If you don't store it in a dust/dirt proof environment when it's not on the car, it will get dirty and eventually scratch your paint. If you don't store the car where it will be out of wind, stuff will blow under it and it will get dirty and eventually scratch your paint. If you just want to keep bird poop and tree sap off, your best bet would be something like a single use Car Condom style cover. Other than that self healing PPF would do a better job at protection IMO (not to mention we do a lot more damage on the trails anyway)
Certainly understand all those risks.

No covering here unless clean.

My needs are more just to keep dust off in the garage and then also to park while at the cabin after cleaning it up, or the occasional ungaraged overnight elsewhere.

Prices seem all over the map and it’s extremely difficult to see why.

Appreciate the input!

I recently invested in a Covercraft Weathershield HP cover for my 13 LC. I understand the risk of introducing swirls and such if the cover isn't kept totally spotless on the inside, but to me that was worth the payoff of avoiding all the pollen, leaves, seeds, and crap that ends up in all the nooks and crannies of my rig sitting in the driveway. One important detail for my use case is that my rig often sits for weeks at a time between drives. The install/removal isn't as big a deal as if I had to do it daily or anything.

The covercraft fit is excellent.. I really don't think it could be any better. One thing I didn't consider was the factory roof bars plus the cover effectively making a pool when it rains.. so I picked up some 3" poly foam that now goes into that gap before the cover goes on and this allows all water to run off easily.

We'll see how it holds up to weather, sun, etc.. but so far I'm extremely happy about the truck staying clean.. and I mean.. clean. The painted panels are one thing. But all the leaf/tree/seed parts that get wedged into the roof channels, door jambs, hatch jamb, metal mesh on the cowl, wiper arm holes, hood edges.. not an issue at all now. I'll make it all the way through all the leaves dropping this fall and not have to wash the vehicle once.

My next project is making some quick-to-install/remove wheel covers out of coroplast. For now when it rains the splashing makes the bottom of the brake rotors get rusty. To some extent this isn't a problem, but it all happening on one side of the rotors has me concerned about uneven brake deposits and a pulsating pedal. My rig will end up hermetically sealed in the driveway before this is all over..

As for costs being all over the place, IMO this is one situation where actual quality will mean paying for it. Between the UV resistance of the materials, fit/finish, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom