What is the best looking and cheapest brush guard? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I sold my 1976 FJ40 about 4 months ago and I got an itch to buy a FJ80, so I did. Wife is not happy. She did say I could buy whatever I wanted. Anyways, I have always wanted an FJ80, but the 1995 I bought does not have a brush guard. I want one and don't want to spend a fortune. Where is the cheapest place to find one that is durable and looks good? Also I want the rear light guards. This will not be an off road vehicle most likely, but Living where I do, deer have a natural attraction to the front of my vehicles. What do you folks recommend? Where can I get it? How much will it cost? Thanks.

I love my ARB for looks and strength. It was $775 including shipping. TJM also make a nice looking bar but I hear they are not as strong. Not sure though.
You may be able to get a bar made locally for cheaper.

Psst! Sig line! I don't ship though.:)

I love my TJM. Ive bashed it on rocks, have an 8k winch behind it and used it a couple times, and its still rockin. Got it for 400$ I believe though.

Also I want the rear light guards.

I have a pair of Manik black rear taillight guards in gogd shape. They mount right up using the existing hardware.

$50 shipped to your door. Let me know if your interested.

"Brush Guard" and deer do not do well together. They call 'em damage multipliers for a reason. I wanted to go with a Slee front bumper on mine, but the propensity for deer to want "the other side of the road" here pushed me toward the ARB. That being said, this forum, eBay and craigslist often have the Manik guards and tail light covers. Shipping might hurt on the front, but the rears shouldn't be too bad.

I sold my 1976 FJ40 about 4 months ago and I got an itch to buy a FJ80, so I did. Wife is not happy. She did say I could buy whatever I wanted. Anyways, I have always wanted an FJ80, but the 1995 I bought does not have a brush guard. I want one and don't want to spend a fortune. Where is the cheapest place to find one that is durable and looks good? Also I want the rear light guards. This will not be an off road vehicle most likely, but Living where I do, deer have a natural attraction to the front of my vehicles. What do you folks recommend? Where can I get it? How much will it cost? Thanks.

I'd skip the brush guard and go straight to an ARB or TJM or Slee or something. It's not worth the risk for a simple brush guard IMO, especially with deer in your area.

ARB's, for example, are manufactured in the great land of Australia, and are built to withstand a hit from a kangaroo. So I've heard. So it should be fine for deer.

Also, check this link: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=50707
Good info there.

Agreed. My truck came with a Manik brush guard. That thing would have folded under any pressure at all. It is for looks only, it has no strength. The problem is that it is mounted below the bumper with no strength above. I cut it at the top of the bumper and built a real bumper, then welded the guard on top. That made it strong. Mostly, you need to replace the front bumper with something that has strength. Then you might be able to weld a used brush guard on top of it. At the new price of a brush guard, it is not cost effective to cut it apart. You may as well just get an ARB and be done with it.

I want one and don't want to spend a fortune. Where is the cheapest place to find one that is durable and looks good? Also I want the rear light guards. This will not be an off road vehicle most likely, but Living where I do, deer have a natural attraction to the front of my vehicles. What do you folks recommend? Where can I get it? How much will it cost? Thanks.

If by "durable", you mean something that won't fold over like a piece of paper, in an impact with a deer, then you will have to forego the idea of a brush guard (damage multiplier), and find a good bull bar bumper instead. The ARB is a good example of a bull bar, figure about $800 for one.

I just got a non-winch ARB shipped for $603 from the link below. If you're interested, don't order it from the website. Call them and ask what they can do for you on shipping.
They are running a special 20% off on orders of $100 or more, and they shipped it for $33. They had mine in stock and I received it in 2 days.

http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/productpage.aspx?pid=100760

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom