What is missing here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a picture from my 1972 FJ40. The red arrow is pointing to a missing part. What is the missing part and where can I purchase a new one?
5-30-2012 4-57-57 PM.jpg

Welcome.

Defroster duct tube

SOR will have them.

:beer:

Looks like you're missing the defrost hose. You can usually find them in the classifieds or on eBay. Double check the passenger side of the heater to ensure you have one on that side. Do you have plastic vents on your dash right next to the door? If so, you'll also need the an additional plastic hose that "T's" into the main defrost hose.

SOR will have them.

A an exorbitant price.
Vacuum cleaner hose has been used by others, I found some later-model FJ40 defroster hoses at a swap meet...cut them down to fit my FJ55. You have all summer to replace that. Look around.

Looks like you're missing the defrost hose. You can usually find them in the classifieds or on eBay. Double check the passenger side of the heater to ensure you have one on that side. Do you have plastic vents on your dash right next to the door? If so, you'll also need the an additional plastic hose that "T's" into the main defrost hose.

78 was the first year of the side defrost vents in the US market.

Make sure you get a defrost hoses or hoses for a FJ40 model years 68 to 73. Before and after were different.

Thanks.

Napa has generic heater hose that works, you just cut it to length. It doesn't look as good as oem but was less than $10 for both sides. There is also a write up somewhere on here where someone made some from plumbing parts from Home Depot . They looked close to stock but heavier duty.

Bought these on eBay for my 71. Someone made them from flexible hose. Didn't need the clamp but I thought it would hold better

image-651165882.jpg

First time I posted pic with phone. Hopefully it works.
image-651165882.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom