What is making this Noise?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tryin to locate where exactly this noise is coming from. The best I can describe it is it sounds like a high Powered hair dryer whine. It's not the carb blower and it has all new belts. Any and all thoughts are appreciated.

Smog pump?

Related to engine speed?

Clutch pedal in or out, etc.?

Smog pump?

Related to engine speed?

Clutch pedal in or out, etc.?

It is a constant whine regardless of speed, clutch in or out. At higher speeds I don't notice because of the other noise but when I come to a stop it is e tremely annoying and somewhat embarrassing :)

Does the noise come from under the hood?

Check out your smog pump. I'd suspect it over anything else.

This is gonna sound Ike a dumb question but how do I check my smog pump? More specifically, how do I determine if this is the problem?

Could it also be the A/C Compressor or maybe Power Steering pump? Get under the hood and see if you can determine what side of the engine it is coming from, top or bottom, etc.

....or if you don't have a stethescope, you take a big screwdriver. Press it firmly on the airpump/A/C compressor/..... and stick the handle in your ear (no joke).

macko said:
....or if you don't have a stethescope, you take a big screwdriver. Press it firmly on the airpump/A/C compressor/..... and stick the handle in your ear (no joke).

This man tells the truth^^
The blackfella stethoscope.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom