what is leaking...? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
this isnt my head gasket is it?

reading this forum has gotten me paranoid.
fadsfas.JPG
afdaf.JPG

Last edited:
Wipe some of it up and give it a week so you can tell if it's blowing up or running down.

Most likely valve cover. Clean it up, slightly tighten the valve cover bolts, and see what happens after.

could some be coming from the rubber hose on top of the valve cover?

Is there any oil on the front of the engine like this? On the right side of the engine, the air is moving upward from the fan rotation, so I'm wondering if it's something forward more that is getting blown backward and upward. Also, check your PCV valve/hose. Poor shot, but looks a little like the hose has quite an accumulation where it joins the valve cover/PCV valve - missing a wire clamp, too?? That hose will get oil accumulation in it from normal functioning and then a poor/unclamped joint will let oil out there each time you shut down. From there it could get blown all over. Chief suspect.

DougM

no oil on the front on the engine at least any that looks remotely new..

the right side of the engine when looking towards the wind shield?

I know my valve cover gasket is leaking but there are a couple of places, 2 of them i tried to show in the picture that looks like its leaking reddish stuff in that has not been caused my the valve cover

thanks for the input, i may try to get more pictures up tomorrow of the spots I was talking about

what i probably need to do is just fix the valve cover gasket and go from there.

Head gasket is lower, you have oil leaks more than likely. That is what it looks llike to me. Start with replaceing the gasket and spark plug seals clean the engine (might want to check valve clearence). That is if the bolts are tight. later robbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom