What is it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I believe I removed this from my 1980 Fj40 about 18 years ago while tearing it down. Any idea as to what it is or where it goes?

IMG_20210101_091953.jpg

IMG_20210101_092006.jpg

IMG_20210101_092027.jpg

IMG_20210101_092046.jpg

Looks like an early side view mirror arm?

Is it hollow or solid steel?

Upper Johnson rod

The clamp on the end of the rod was a genuine landcruiser part for clamping a throttle cable. I don’t know about the tubular piece.

The clamp on the end of the rod was a genuine landcruiser part for clamping a throttle cable. I don’t know about the tubular piece.
Thank you! Gets me in the area. Haven't noticed this piece on any other pictures. May have been some shad tree mechanical work.

Back in the day we use to give that clamp with our Holley 350 conversion kits, bought it from Toyota.

Back in the day we use to give that clamp with our Holley 350 conversion kits, bought it from Toyota.
I vaguely recall using it.
Jim, I put a Downey Holley 350 conversion on my FJ40 in the 70's.
Is that carb/adapter still available? I recall it ran great + better MPG's.
Please pm the answer to avoid the hijack.

Last edited:
flee,I’ll just answer here so all will know. Downey sold Holley 350 conversions right up until the day we closed, but during the later innings we probably sold more tbi fuel injection conversions than Holley. After we closed in 2009 the Fitch and sniper conversions came out, and now they seem to be the rage (although I think the GM tbi conversions still have some advantages over the newer kids on the block).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom