What is it worth- 1977 FJ40?

Discussion in 'FJ40 | BJ40' started by EasyStreet, Nov 3, 2005.

1. EasyStreet

EasyStreet

I know there have been a lot of newbies with the same question. I am sort of a newbie, but have been visiting this site almost every day for the past 8 months. I have been looking for a clean FJ40 the past year. I wanted something in pretty good condition and think I've found it. The only draw back is the wheel wheels were cut and fender flares added. MY question is am I paying to much? I am paying $8,800(less than they were asking). The cruiser is early 1977 - so no pop out windows(July 1977). THere is hardly any rust - mainly on door edges and screws , but mainly surface rust. The rear sill is pretty damn good, with justy a few small bubbles. The rear quarter panels are excellent except above the rear lights there is a slight crack, but it may just be the paint. No Bondo - hard top w/ brand new bikini top. The engine was rebuilt by Factory Toyota 14,000 miles ago( has receipt). Hard top is in excellent condition . No leaks and interior is in good shape. Tub and front floors look great. What do you guys think? Mileage says 77,000 and its been painted @ least two times! Looks pretty good compared to other ones I have seen on ebay, which I have found way overpriced!

Easy Street

2. PAFJ

PAFJ

Media:
    Albums:
    Do you have any pics? It sounds like it's in decent shape. I just sold a '78 Cruiser that was in somewhat similar condition for 6,500. Mine had a V8 though. How long have you been looking? IMOP I think that they might be asking to much. Hard to say w/o looking at it.

Good Luck!

3. 3_puppies

3_puppies SILVER Star

77,000 miles and painted twice???
    77,000 miles and need an engine rebuild???
    doesn't sound right

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.