What is it with people from Illinois?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by sisukid1975, Jul 2, 2005.

1. sisukid1975

sisukid1975

Why is it that when it's a long weekend, every swinging dick in Illinois comes to Wisconsin, drives 90 MPH on 2 lane county highways, runs red lights six seconds after they turn red nearly taking out a whole family on bicycle, speeds up on the freeway to prevent you from merging onto the freeway in front of them, go to the fireworks stores and buy like $1500 worth of stuff, then hold up the line arguing that their below 500 numbered check from a bank in Chicago is indeed "local," parks their cars in my driveway to walk down to the concert on the riverfront......

This isn't fricking Chicago....

(No offense to those of you who are from Illinois and actually act civilized when you come here. If you do indeed fall into that category, please let me know as I have a bet going....)

Fred

2. sisukid1975

sisukid1975

Oh yeah-- and about the freeways.... Why is it that I'll be driving down the freeway, Illinois plates as far as the eye can see, wall to wall cars, and then all of the sudden you all stop for no reason right on the freeway? No accidents up ahead, no cop cars, nothing... We just all hit our brakes and stop for a few seconds then start to go again...

Is it some kind of law in Illinois that you have to stomp on the brake pedal at every mile marker to make sure it still works?

Fred

3. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

What the hell would anyone drive a bicycle for? And speed limits? Is that what the numbers on those white signs mean?

Time is money. If I let you get there first, you'll be able to make more of it.

The way Chicago is sprawling, OMAHA is going to be local in the next 10 years.

I thought you said I could? Besides, you live in Wisconsin. Where could you possibly have to go that would necessitate you getting your car out of the driveway? Why do you even have a car? I thought you rode bicycles everywhere?

It will be soon. You and Omaha.

No, that is because you don't have any toll booths. If a person from Illinois drives more than a mile without seeing a toll booth, they panic and step on the brakes to look for it. Occasionally, you'll see one come to a complete stop in the middle of the interstate, drop 50 cents out the window, wait 3 seconds and then continue on, despite the fact there is no toll booth. It's Pavlovian conditioning at it's finest.

Steve :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: (Half of Wisconsin's GDP for you there!) ;)

4. miked

miked

Illinoyances

Illinoyances... LOL.

i googled a couple variants of illinois/wisconsin/road rage/worse drivers ever.
    i found that if you leave out specific state names, you come up with an even spread across the whole nation. if you add state names, there are a bunch of fun anecdotal stories about the lack of curtisy,ability, or intelligence in THOSE people . it doesn't matter what the state name is. whatever your neighboring state is, they are going to be worse drivers than those in your state.
    it seems to me that, if you live in state A, then those idiots from B are the ones who can't drive.
    i'm not trying to start something here, i'm just saying... you aint seen NUTHIN till you've seen those morons from Arizona!

5. PolterGeist

PolterGeist

But in this case, he's right. Drivers from Illinois are asshats, with few exceptions. I drive from IL to WI everyday, and even I notice the difference.

Even the ways they act in general is different. More hurried, more pushy, more big-city, more complaining, more condescending, more rude, more, well, Illannoying.

Steve

6. archie

archie

we brake once in a while because we are driving too fast to read the signs :).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.