What is going on with my 60!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just started a new job and its a 75 mile round trip for for me everyday. I just sold my DD last week and have been driving my other 60 now. I just replaced the clutch in it 4 weeks ago and that is the area i hear or feel some rough running. It almost feels like its dragging in a way. I just cranked up the truck and crawled underneath and with my ear under the flywheel cover i hear some roughness like its rubbing or something. Is there a break in period on a clutch?

jason

So you're underneath your truck with the engine running, the transmission in neutral and the clutch engaged (pedal not depressed). In this scenario the flywheel, friction disk and pressure plate should be hooked up and spinning together. I wouldn't expect there to be any rubbing one against the other. If it's installed correctly the rotatin parts shouldn't be rubbing against the bell housing or other fixed pieces. I've used some clutches (centerforce dual friction) that say you need to break them in, but I would expect any noise or vibration when under no load and not shifting.

Did you replace the throwout bearing? Is the clutch free play adjusted correctly? My guess would be this is bearing noise, not clutch noise...

My new clutch does the same thing ( the rubbing noise) i would be willing to bet it is somthing else than that. double check to see if the e-brake springs are not stuck on or a frozen caliper in the front...then double check the clutch pedal and slave cylinder to see if they are both adjusted correctly...

It's the throwout bearing . . .
. . .bearing face rubbing throwout fingers
. . .bearing rotating on tranny snoot.

With engine off, have someone press (an hold) clutch pedel.
smear some grease on tranny snoot, just a smear, not gobs...see if dat heps !

throwout bearing typically makes noise when you depress the clutch. Pull off the inspection cover and look around to see what you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom