What is everyone doing for inside or underseat storage in your FJ40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just wondering what some options would be for underseat or inside storage in the FJ, pictures would be great.
I can see plenty of room under the dirvers seat, but I' curious to see what custom mod's have been created or thought up.

In the '79 40 I have two long conferr boxes under the jumpseats for birfs, axles, jbweld, duct tape, bailing wire and currently a mouse nest.

In the FJ45, the PO built this, and I really like it (custom fuel tank was built between frame rails)-

ksefj45-interior-1.jpg

ksefj45-interior-2.jpg

ksefj45-interior-3.jpg

Alot of guys use our rear fuel cell (aux. tank) as their one and only tank, which frees up the area below the passengers seat. Just a thought!!!

What fuel tank are you talking about?

Do a search for log range tank or second fuel tank or fuel cell or expedition tank or just regular gas tank. Lots off people here run more than one. and most of them made threads documentig what they did.

Also check out the vendor section and look at wagon gear. A memer makes all kinds of cool storage for 60series. I'd like him to branch over to 40s and start makin us cool stuff!

Last edited:
i've got an amp hooked up in the lockbox underneath the drivers seat

amplifier and CB main box here also

as far as storage, I bought Rubbermaid storage boxes that fit under and behind the rear bench to hold spare parts and tools - the CD and photo storage boxes are the correct size and have lockable lids that don't pop open when the truck bounces :hillbilly: I also wrap the metal stuff in cheap fabric to cut down on rattle :flamingo:

Am curious about this as well. Any good storage solutions to under the driver's seat fj40?

Now that is what I am talking about. I was looking at the drawers that landsharkout fitters @cruzerDave makes and was hoping for something like that

Got tired of people, dogs and me stepping on the rear heater so I moved it under the driver's side seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom