what is better for cutting a bundle of rebar? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

treerootCO

Where are my keys?!
Threads
Website
home.comcast.net
What would be the best tool for the job? A metal bandsaw or a chopsaw? The metal stock is about 3/8 but I would rather cut more than one at a time.

bandsaw
a chop box might give a kick to the rebar as it cut through each piece of bar
a band saw is slow enough that it prolly wouldnt matter.

sawzall ;)

Rebar cutter - Metall chop saw - sawsall - bandsaw - - in that order due to the way you have to handle the rebar

Chop saw. Band saw will not grip all of them equally and they will roll all over hell. Chop saw will be more 'spensive with the blades. A file will kick ass, it will just take a little time :)

What is a bundle? 266 Pieces? Cause that's what's in a stock bundle or "lift". What are you trying to accomplish exactly Root? Rebar is my life and I might be able to help ya on this one. Most of my customers use a gas powered cutoff saw with a carbon blade. Other than our rebar shears the only other cutting tool we use is a 14"chop saw. The chop saw wil cut about 8 #3's at a time safely without kicking back to many times. How many cuts do you need to make? Where exactly are you located? A local rebar yard might do your job cheaper and faster than you could with a chopsaw.

EDIT
Rio Grande CO - Rebar Services Division
201 Santa Fe Drive, Denver, CO 80223
(303) 623-4022

Closest fabricator to wheatridge that I could find.

Let me know what You're looking to do and I'll let ya know what you should be paying.

Last edited:
Use a chopsaw. Bunch up your bar in bundles of about 5 or 6 and cut away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom