What is Algeria Spec? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
Looking at some 80 series mirrors, there is an "Algeria Spec". This is manual mirror obviously, but what is the difference between this and the other manual mirror? Is it concave, so it is like our US passengers side (which would be awesome!)?

@beno ?

I would imagine it is, as my European Spec HDJ-80 from the Canaries has that as its driver's mirror. You might want to check out partsouq.com for parts as well.

To follow up on this since know one knew what these were, as well as a shameless plug, I did get a couple of black mirrors in. They are manual with concave a concave mirror, meaning the reflection is like our US spec passenger side mirror. What is neat is that they are not on a gear like the electric ones are, but a ball/pivot so they move smoothly. If you ever moved the electric manually, you know what I am referring to.

Pic here 80 Series, New Left Driver Manual Non-US Spec Manual Mirror, Black

To follow up on this since know one knew what these were, as well as a shameless plug, I did get a couple of black mirrors in. They are manual with concave a concave mirror, meaning the reflection is like our US spec passenger side mirror. What is neat is that they are not on a gear like the electric ones are, but a ball/pivot so they move smoothly. If you ever moved the electric manually, you know what I am referring to.

Pic here 80 Series, New Left Driver Manual Non-US Spec Manual Mirror, Black

I think you actually mean convex, so it gives a wider angle. May want to update your website description.

A concave mirror would give you a closer image like looking into the scoop side of a spoon. Your wife / GF may use a concave mirror to put on makeup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom