What is a low mileage cruiser? (1 Viewer)

What do you consider to be low mileage for a cruiser?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
What's a low mileage 80 Series Land cruiser these days? Under 100K, under 125K, under 150K? It seems that finding ones under 200K are starting to become rare.

We've all get our perceived value of our own cruiser value from $3K to unobtanioum. But what's the mean median price for a OK kept cruiser, from less rust state, without lockers and say 140K miles?

I see vehicles on Mud, some you'll see for $20K and say no way, never sell for that, and then it sells for that. Others you think I would give $10K for that if I had the funds or really wanted a 2nd or 3rd cruiser, but then it people bash the guy and he sells it for $4500 and you're sitting thinking it should have sold for more. No doubt it's all economics, and a hundred other factors.

So what's your opinion?

Last edited:
If your talking about 80's i think under 150 is very hard to find and under 200 is ideal. Under 150 on 100 series is getting difficult.

Mileage is just a number. It just depends on how you treat it.

9A306D9C-4481-4B74-AE65-91251743CFD1.jpeg

And the award for picture of the week goes to... How did you do it, photoshop or maybe some serious wheel spin in some nasty mud? Everyone knows 80's can't do 100.

Mine goes 100 pretty easily, it's not even that terrifying! :hillbilly:

I blame dynamat for all the slow 80s on this forum. In the warmer months it’s not uncommon to see a caravan of these big fat land cruisers swooping their way along the highway, terrifying other drives while talking about silly things like motor oil on the radio for hours on end going back and forth between Phoenix and the higher elevations.

Seriously, you people know the gas pedal can go down further and that the engine is allowed to make noise and run at 4,000rpm, right?

And the award for picture of the week goes to... How did you do it, photoshop or maybe some serious wheel spin in some nasty mud? Everyone knows 80's can't do 100.
Bit of boost and 100mph ain't too much problem at all 😁

No rust, fair condition and 140k is 10k+ imo if your idea of fair and mine line up.

I would say that almost by definition, any 22+ year-old vehicle with total mileage working out to less than 10k miles per year would be considered to be "low mileage", but as others have mentioned, when you are talking 22+ year-old vehicles, mileage is not really that important. How the vehicle has been maintained trumps whatever number is on the odometer. "Low" mileage can also have its own set of issues. A vehicle that isn't driven much or that sits for long periods can also have issues.

I've been driving mine daily lately and am about to turn over 194k miles. :)

I'm at 96k and know the second i break the 100k barrier my value will decrease significantly.

I alllllmost wish i had flipped it for crazy money when it had 84k last summer and bought another clean 200k mile rig and did a full build with the cash. almost.

But i'm emotionally & financially invested and tied to it now. Never thought i'd sell a fast car to keep a land cruiser.

I think under 150k is low.

I think under 100 is VERY low and what demands the premium.

my 08 has 150k on it... My 93.... it has 230k..... I've bought and sold an 80 with 460,000 on the original HG, transmission, axles etc.... Miles don't matter to land cruisers as long as they're maintained.

I'm at 96k and know the second i break the 100k barrier my value will decrease significantly.

I alllllmost wish i had flipped it for crazy money when it had 84k last summer and bought another clean 200k mile rig and did a full build with the cash. almost.

But i'm emotionally & financially invested and tied to it now. Never thought i'd sell a fast car to keep a land cruiser.

Wow, yea, 96K is kind of cool. 84K, wow. I can understand not selling due to finances & emotions for sure.

I feel like under 150K is LOW mileage, under 100K is REALLY low. Both demand a premuim.

Previously I was of the thought that miles don't matter, and that it's all about how it was used, records, etc. Finding a fully documented & serviced vehicle where everything was done when due, or before, and throwing in under 150K, I'm not sure it exists. There are service suggestions for so many items yet I've seen very few documented service records that show knuckle rebuild, or even bearings.

I agree that service & use certainly come into the equation. A 47 Cadillac with 200K will not bring a fraction of what one with 50K will bring. Same for many classic vehicles. Though 80 Series cruisers aren't "classics" in everyone's eyes, they are in many. Low mileage matters.

Wow, yea, 96K is kind of cool. 84K, wow. I can understand not selling due to finances & emotions for sure.

I feel like under 150K is LOW mileage, under 100K is REALLY low. Both demand a premuim.

Previously I was of the thought that miles don't matter, and that it's all about how it was used, records, etc. Finding a fully documented & serviced vehicle where everything was done when due, or before, and throwing in under 150K, I'm not sure it exists. There are service suggestions for so many items yet I've seen very few documented service records that show knuckle rebuild, or even bearings.

I agree that service & use certainly come into the equation. A 47 Cadillac with 200K will not bring a fraction of what one with 50K will bring. Same for many classic vehicles. Though 80 Series cruisers aren't "classics" in everyone's eyes, they are in many. Low mileage matters.

I think the people willing to pay that 20k, 30k and as we've seen now 40k for a low mileage cruisers are the ones who want the low miles original examples mainly cause they probably think that means its mechanically sound.
A handful maybe are collectors. Most are likely going to DD and putz around in it and never wheel or push them hard. It's the same as the grand wagoneer communities. Low mileage original ones go for crazy money still.
I'd personally rather have a 200k sorted sound rig, but that wouldn't draw in the dollars of an 80k mile rig at all.
With every 1,000 miles i add at this point i'm probably chopping value off rapidly. But I'm going to have this thing for a looooooooong time so i don't care.

Agreed, and I’m in that “just under 100k” conundrum as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom