What is a fair price for this 1996 LC I am looking at buying? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.appletondrainandsewer.com
What is a fair price for this 1996 LC I am looking at buying?

I’m new to cruisers so any help would be great.
Front and rear diff locks
Good body minimum rust.
No modes done.
Will need a new rear bumper

he is set at $5000.00 it seems to be a good price ?

Thats a fair price. I've been looking for another one. I would put lack of rust over mileage at this point in a cruisers life. At some point you will need a HG on anything in this range. Ive seen them for less but usually need some work. If it has a decent maintenance history I would pick it up.

If it makes you feel any better, I plan to ask & get $7500 firm for my '97 LX in my sig. It has no rust the paint is pinstriped like anyones' that been through brush, and very minor body dents in one quarter. The driver seat is split on the bottom cushion seam, but has all the goodies in my sig line. Only reason I plan to sell is I put under 3K miles on it last year.

So a $5K locker rig isn't going to be much since the whole locker sysystem is worth ~$2500 just in parts.

PM me if you want to talk about mine, this isn't the place - I was just showing you a good price for a very fair & somewhat outfitted 80.

Has anyone ever had a good experience buying from a dealer (post 2008 or so)? Seems all of the LCs I looked at while looking at dealers were in bad shape. And all of them had their timing belts recently replaced.... Seems you can't trust a never modded truck at the dealership.

Has anyone ever had a good experience buying from a dealer (post 2008 or so)? Seems all of the LCs I looked at while looking at dealers were in bad shape. And all of them had their timing belts recently replaced.... Seems you can't trust a never modded truck at the dealership.

Timing Chain?

No, I got my 1st back in 2001, and the LX450 I got from a friend since I'd helped him so much with maint over the years. So I know nothing of dealers, and you gotta realize these are strictly on paper a 20-ish y.o. rig - hardly material for "top tier" type dealers - but you look long enough & a good one shows - I have 2 to prove it & there's a couple thousand good ones here among the members. The right one will present itself if you wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom