What is a "baseline" PM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've looked through the FAQ and used the search engine.

Just curious what a "baseline" consists of. I'm new to LC's and just purchased a 1996 LC

replace ALL your fluids, hoses, belts, tune up, filters, etc. so that you basically have a point zero to start with being as you have no clue what the PO did to the truck. By doing those things you eliminate a lot of issues that will drive you nuts when you try to trouble shoot.

For example, you could have a spark issue. Well instead of throwing good money after bad you already know you have baselined the truck say 5000 miles ago and the possibility it is an issue with cap, rotor, wires or plugs is pretty nil. Then you can work from there out to solve the issue. Plus when you ask for help, the first thing people will ask if HAVE you baselined and how long ago when trying to help

EDIT: do yourself a HUGE favor and only use TOYOTA (OEM) parts!!!

Look at this way, if there is anything that at some time down the road you'll wonder, "Gee, I wonder if the transmission fluid has been changed. Or the diffs. I wonder if those are original plug wires. Hmmm."

If you establish a BASELINE, you'll be able to KNOW when it was done.

Look at this way, if there is anything that at some time down the road you'll wonder, "Gee, I wonder if the transmission fluid has been changed. Or the diffs. I wonder if those are original plug wires. Hmmm."

If you establish a BASELINE, you'll be able to KNOW when it was done.

Gotcha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom