what I'm doing for Christmas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bkfj40

Wishin i was in Wydaho
SILVER Star
Threads
80-2painted.jpg

The picture doesn't show the color quite right, but it is the same color as what the 70's fj40 were painted...

now to put everything back on....the worst are the two nuts on the snorkel all the way up next to the windshield.

bk

Is this the color you painted...the "desert tan" color (see below pic)?

coolfj40_1763_28191913

Looks great! I cant wait to see pics of it with all the stuff back on.

take care,
Joe M

_SA_ , thats the colour I was 'hoping' bkfj40 was referring to . In anycase what he has will look cool with other things such as his wheels 'cetra blacked out ... I've always liked the desert dunes and tans that Toyota has put out .

Looks great !

It looks like the 40 series white color to me. Cygnus white? Or was that just on the bezels and top?

That's way more than I'm doing and I thought I was going to be busy. Today I rubbed out the whole truck and then waxed it. I got almost all of the trail pinstripes out, but it will never again be mistaken for a mall cruiser. Those creases are really hard to buff out. :D I re-installed the rear flare that was ripped off some months ago now and removed the tail gate and sanded it all down and bumped out the dents.
Tomorrow I decide if the bumper goes under the knife.
Friday the sliders get done, the transfer case seals get replaced, and anything else I can think of while it's in the air.

Then I get to build and drop the csb and drivetrain in the T-100, and re-wire the bulk of the 40. I might need to do a little suspension work to fit the 38.5s I bought myself for x-mas. An SOA in the rear and taller coils in the front shouldn't take to long.

Anybody sick of relatives and wants to come play in my shop is welcome to help. :D

Todd,

I'll be around 'till 26th, let me know if you need a hand with something!

Ali

yeah, it is the dune beige, but I tell you what, it really is a difficult color...when I first had the shop get the paint, they called me over because they thought it was too green colored...dipped a rod in there and even then it looked off. It is funny, because the picture of the 40 is the same one that I got off cool cruisers to show them the color, as well as grabbing the paint codes off their site. The paint really doesn't photograph that well though.

They said the only spot they need to rework will be at the gas filler flap, it lost the battle during the buffer and they need to repaint it. The girl painting it said she would touch it up after I got everything else on it, so she could fix all my areas I ding up as well ;)

next up, the 55...
PICT0024.JPG

happy holidays!

brian

Nice!
Are you going to have white accents colors anywhere?

I always wondered what an 80 would look like in those colors.
Please post pics of the finished product!

what color was your cruiser before the desert tan?

again..it looks great.

joe m

Yes, please show us some more pics. Looks rather nice. I like that color. :cheers:

Mike

I'll shoot BK an email and see if he'll post anything.

Heck, I may have to consider eventually painting my beater 40th that color.

I didn't wash it this weekend, but junk was bugging me for some picts...doesn't it suck when someone post some preliminary pictures and nothing is ever heard from them again :flipoff2: too bad I didn't put my ih8mud sticker on there yet...I'll post oe more picture tomorrow...and yes, I'm working on the sliders...the damn ones that were on there before were grading out the tops of the ridges and flexed like only Junk's momma can :slap:

what a nice ass

the only thing now is that it no longer looks like I wheel it...all the scrapes and banged up panels are gone....I need to find someone to fix the motor in my x9 winch, the sucker isn't working...

[quote author=bkfj40 link=board=2;threadid=9092;start=msg88900#msg88900 date=1073918186]
I need to find someone to fix the motor in my x9 winch, the sucker isn't working...[/quote]

No surprise there BK. Most likely just corrosion. I got some extra selenoids thinking originally that was the issue, but it wasn't. Mine corroded after only having it for like 8 months. Bad enough that when I needed it, it let me down bad.

Tim Moss from our club sent me some excellent diagnostic procedures for it. Worked great, although I haven't put it back in the rear bumper yet.

Truck looks great. Will most likely look the same in 5 years since you never wheel your junk. :flipoff2:

Momma said to maybe look into a prescription for that small issue you have. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom