What I want in a tire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm posting this here to ask for your guys opinion on what is the best tire for my needs. Right now I have 38' Interco super swampers which came with my 40 and I am not happy with them. Plus their on there last legs. The tires I'm looking for I would like to perform in order of importance;

1). Pavement (not necessarlly highway speed) 50%

2). Offroad (fire trails, hills ) 30%

3). Sand ( deep sand , sanddunes) 20%

At least 38 ins tall. Plus the truck will be trailered 95% to most destinations

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated- Matt

Goodyear MTR's

MY personal favorite is the MTR. I hardly ever see sand though. My MTR's are only 33x9.50 ideal for mud but lame in the sand. definately want something wide for the sand. I got a pair of the Super Swamper TSL radials in a 33x12.50 which are OK in the sand but I don't like them for anything else. They're supposed to be great in the sidewalls for airing down and crawling. I prefer my tires on the narrow side for digging, plus you can get away with a 4" lift and stay SUA even with heavy articulation.

You're going to get 300 different answers, here's mine. Pro Comp Mud Terrains have been excellent on road (drove a 2000 mile round trip to Moab and back on them) and have great sidewall strength. Great in the dirt and sand too.

general mud grapplers 35 x12.50 15s not too loud great on the sand (pismo) an good in the hills

Thanks guys for all the responses. I think I've narrow it down to two.
Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips $$$$ or the Super Swamper SSR $$. - Matt

hello CRXSNOTS . I see your back form your " ALL MAN HUG FEST" up there in the Santa Cruz Mtns. Did you get in touch with your feelings?:flipoff2:

what were you unhappy with about your swampers?
and which swampers are they, a lot of different interco tires are branded as super swampers, such as TSL, SX, Radial, Bogger, SSR, LTB and probably some others. they are all very different tires
here is the interco site, click the products names in red along the left hand side and it will give you images and features of all the lines
HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom