What I learned today 7/20

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by stinkyfj60, Jul 20, 2005.

1. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

I learned that when a cold wet nose is stuck into the bottom of your very ticklish bare foot as you are right in the middle of a bigO you tend to make a very odd noise. That noise can make your partner look at you thinking you are about ready to have a seisure of some type....

Damn dog!

2. BMAN

BMAN

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that chronic back pain is bullshit and a bulging disc can cause enough pain to double over a grown man and nearly make him cry.

3. swank60

swank60

I've learned that a production artist keeps screwing up my files and I'm getting the damn blame for it. I'm a little pissed.

4. LoveTractor

LoveTractor

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that I've got mechanics and oil leaks on the brain. Finished mowing the lawn only to look down to see that I was bleeding somewhere on my leg. I unconsciously ask myself, "where am I leaking?" No one around except for me and the dog(girl's in Hawaii for 2 weeks). I burst out laughing at myself. :doh:

I learned what all the hype is about cruiserdan. Just got off the phone with him to order a bunch of parts for the new 80. Great guy! Thanks, Dan! :cheers:

5. mabrodis

mabrodis

I learned it was mother-hot yesterday (101 in Denver) and today is sposeto be 104...krieky!
    (I'm sure some of you have it hotter...but I don't care) :D

I learned BMAN has a bulging disc in his back, something I have gone through and I totally understand the doubling over in pain, that was the hardest thing I have ever done...I was actually in tears trying to climb into a vehicle at one point.

I learned I really should have put the full amount of rice-crispies in the rice-crispy-treat recipe I made yesterday...oh and a full package of chocoalte/peanut-butter chips is too much for them, they turn out good, but more like fudge than crispy treats...still rather good crispy fudge.. :D

6. LandCruiserPhil

LandCruiserPhil Peter Pan Syndrome Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    I learned that when its summer in Phx your banana split is all melted by the time the Sonic girl brings it.

7. Cube Dweller

Cube Dweller Moderator

I learned that a little bit of cinnamon in a cup of coffee really tastes nice. The coffee station coffee has been going down hill and this buffers it.

Still better than the free swill they provide.

8. mooker82

mooker82

I learned that I can not have too many days off without doing something dumb.
    I learned that drinking Jim Beam and Tabasco shots will make you do some crazy stuff.
    I learned that neighbors walking their dogs before work at 6AM do not appreciate you and your girlfriend drunk on your porch making out.

9. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

I learned it feels really, really good to get your title in the mail from Toyota. Paid off the 80!

I also learned the Museum of Sci and Industry is coolest place ever and I'm very happy I have a membership so i can go as much as I want. The new Sub exibit and the new human body exibit are very cool.

10. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

I learned that I am still suffering from my last meal in China from a week ago. One solid s*** is all I ask for, just one.

I learned that I don't really like being in the office either.

Ross

11. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

I'm guessing it's all Maxwell House and no one is ponying up for the Java City grind anymore? What about where the hard-core propellor-heads sit? They used to have the best coffee there.

12. mabrodis

mabrodis

I learned Noah must be sleeping today, we're on post 12 and he hasn't even posted in what useto be 'his' thread...

13. Cube Dweller

Cube Dweller Moderator

I don't think it's even Maxwell House. The Java City has been gone since the market crashed in 2000. Guys on my aisle chip in for Petes, but I've almost cut out coffee- drinking it on an as needed basis only now.

14. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

i've learned that Me, my truck and CB's just dont mix well. Ended up having to replace one right befor Crusie Moab this year, so I bought a cheap radio shack one(the other one went bad as it was hard wired to the battery and after the last big snow storm, I left the lights on and drained the battery. Tried jump starting it but soon relized I was trying to jump start it backwords. Hey I was realy hung over that morning..)
    Well June rolls around and it starts to crap out. Would make a beeeeeeeep sound when talking. So this week I went to replace it. Drove alllllllllll the way to the other end of town to one of the truck stops. Found a nice Uniden unit for aournd 80$. Started to write a check amd found out they dont accept those. Pissed, got in the truck and drove allllll the way back to my end. Stoped at Radio Shack(you think I would have learned). Found a nice unit, almost the same one as the Uniden I was looking at. Got that one, today went to wire it up. Turned it on and NOTHIN, re-checked my wiring(this being my 4th one i'm getting good at wiring CB's) still nothin. Starting to hate Radio Shack... Gonna go back in a while and get my $$ back.. Hopefully somebody in the club has a handheld I can barrow for this weekend.........

15. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

Perry needs to learn about debit cards tomorrow!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.