What I have come to reali.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
....is no matter what repairs I need to do to my 40, it won’t cost more than the truck is worth. That’s a pretty cool feeling.

2D771E78-35AB-4697-BEED-B746E554D063.jpeg

B0220A37-3AED-4BBC-B4C3-DE7048389717.jpeg

I am guessing by the above that your FJ40 is in need of little work. For me, not sure I could make the same statement🤪

I don't think they ever get over needing a "little work", Just varying degrees of how much.

.....se, that a "frame off" restauration cost more then the truck is worth

.....se, that a "frame off" restauration cost more then the truck is worth
That would depend on how rotted the truck is to begin with.

..se, that a "frame off" restauration cost more then the truck is worth
I don't believe I've told anyone how much $$$$ we spent on our 1972 FJ40 "frame off"! Not gonna' either.

I can vouch that in most cases a frame off will cost more than your rig is worth. In fact, spraying the last coat of clear on my Cruiser in about 10 minutes.

Ask me how I know...

Most of these response's are spot on. This is a different time as an FJ40 20 years ago was much less expensive. What has happened is the cost of one really needing a lot of work is still a lot of cash. The restoration when complete will be much higher , but, after the purchase price, parts buying , etc. etc. it catches up. Even parts are 10X higher , if they can be found.

I’ve already spent 2X what my truck is worth. By the time I’m done I’ll probably have $50k in a 20k frankencruiser. In no way should this be construed as a complaint.

I suppose that is why FJCO starts their restoration prices at ~ 90 K. And prices go up from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom